Jak's Recipe for Sweetcorn & Ginger soup
• 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
• 1clove garlic , finely chopped
• 1 cm piece ginger finely chopped
• 1 tbsp cornflour
• 600ml vegetable stock
• 100g sweetcorn
• 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• shredded spring onions, shredded, to garnish
• 25ml double cream
1. Heat the oil in a deep pan and gently cook the garlic and ginger for 2minutes without colouring.
2. Blend the cornflour with a little stock and add to the soup pan with the remaining stock & cream and the sweetcorn. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously and simmer gently for 5 minutes
3. Add lemon juice and slowly trickle into the soup pan, Season to taste,
Bringing you the funny bits from the last week on BBC Radio Scotland.