Summer Broth & scone at MacKenzie's house with chef Ian Manual from Gusto & Relish, Glasgow
wee bit red pesto
sweat off veg in olive oil and butter for ten mins till soft. add chicken or veg stock and simmer gently for ten mins.
100 gr self raising flour
20 gr butter
20 gr cheese
fresh herbs - not drie - essential chopped.
throw together, add egg. don't over work it. roll into golf ball size. Place in oven at 180 for 10-12 mins
Orkney Herring Fillets in oatmeal with a crispy ham salad
Jak O'Donnell's recipe from The Sisters restaurant, Glasgow
4 Herring filleted (ask your fishmonger kindly)
50g/2oz medium oatmeal
50gr/2oz pinhead oatmeal
2 slices streaky bacon
1 large portion lettuce leaves( your choice)
1. Brush the herring fillets with milk then press into a tray of the mixed oatmeal both sides
2. Heat a non stick frying pan until hot
3. Finely chop the bacon, place fish in the pan 1 minute each side
4. Once turned over add bacon pieces and cook until golden brown
5. Place leaves in a bowl toss through the chopped bacon and put on serving plate
6. Lay fish fillets on top serve immediately
Bringing you the funny bits from the last week on BBC Radio Scotland.