- John Cleese discovers how we respond to other people's emotions without even realising it Duration: 03:23 Who Are We?
- Seeing with the unconscious Duration: 04:29 Who Are We?
- Michael Mosley loses the ability to write Duration: 03:27 Who Are We?
- The first ever TV footage of a neuron firing Duration: 02:09 Who Are We?
- Creating Artificial Life Duration: 05:05 What Is the Secret of Life?
- Michael Mosley tries to make the ‘philosopher’s stone’ using urine Duration: 01:49 What is the World Made Of?
Michael Mosley in an alchemist's lab
The Story of Science
For thousands of years we have wrestled with the great questions of existence. Who are we? What is the world made of? How did we get here? The quest to answer these is the story of science.
Each week, medical journalist Michael Mosley traces the often unpredictable path we have taken. From recreating a famous alchemist’s experiment, to following in Galileo’s footsteps, and putting himself in the hands of a hypnotist, Michael unpicks how science has changed the way we see ourselves, and the way we see our world.
It is a tale of courage and of fear, of hope and disaster, of persistence and success. It interweaves great forces of history – revolutions, voyages of discovery and artistic movements – with practical, ingenious inventions and the dogged determination of experimenters and scientists.
This is the story of how history made science and how science made history, and how the ideas which emerged made the modern world.
Available on: Blu-ray
From suppliers including: The Hut, Zavvi