The Daleks were created by the Kaled scientist, Davros as travel machines. He had deduced that the years of radiation and chemical poisoning from an ongoing war would lead his race to mutate into immobile organisms.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|Appearance:||Kaled mutations in robot-like mechanical shells|
|Weaknesses:||Reliance on logic & machinery|
|First Appearance:||The Daleks|
|Last Appearance:||The Wedding of River Song|
The Dalek travel machines would house these creatures and allow the Kaleds to survive. However, in the course of his experiments, Davros deliberately removed what he considered to be debilitating emotions from the mutants and a force of evil was spawned!
The Daleks were born without any ability to feel compassion or pity and were motivated only by hate, fear and an implacable belief that they were the superior creatures in the Universe.
- The Brains behind the Brawn Duration: 01:46 Victory of the Daleks
- The Eleventh Doctor challenges the Ironside Daleks Duration: 01:57 Victory of the Daleks
- The Daleks' Master Plan: Escape Switch Duration: 02:14 DW - website content
- Clip from Dalek Duration: 02:07 Doctor Who, Series 1, Dalek
- The Monster Files - The Daleks Duration: 04:04 Doctor Who, Series 4, Journey's End
- The Monster Files - Davros Duration: 03:41 Doctor Who, Series 4, Journey's End