Series 22 Programme 5
Wilson Burgess hears how the weans have their own new books, in a series of stories with local settings put over into the hamely tongue, and published by the Ulster-Scots Agency. Wilson gives a hand at reading from a story, as does Kist’s Anne Morrison Smyth.
Alister McReynolds takes another gleek at the Scots-Irish in America.
Dr Fred Freeman enthuses about the second CD in his series of the songs of Scottish weaver poet, Robert Tannahill which features the cream of Scottish musicians.
And there’s news of an upcoming production of a drama set amongst the Ulster-Scots of County Down.
This programme was produced by Chris Spurr for Blackthorn Productions. If you have any comments, please email the production team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 028 9033 8435.
Wilson Burgess with Anne Morrison-Smyth
New books for children from the Ulster-Scots Agency
On left, Kit Carson as a younger man.
Middle - Kit in action!
On right, Kit Carson 1809-1868.
Dr Fred Freeman
The Complete Songs of Robert Tannahill, Volume II
Produced by Dr Fred Freeman
Brechin All Records CDBAR010
Robert Tannahill 1774-1810
That Woman at Rathard by Sam Hanna Bell
Stars of 'That Woman at Rathard'
Maria Connolly [Sarah Gomartin] and Roma Tomelty [Martha]
Centre Stage Theatre Company - Touring Dates:
Note - email: email@example.com
* Belvoir Players’ Studio, Castlereagh
Preview Wed Feb 17th; Opening Thurs Feb 18th – Sat Feb 20th
* An Grianan Theatre, Letterkenny - Sun 21st Feb
* Culturlann McAdam O Fiaich, Belfast - Tues 23rd & Weds 24th Feb
* Craic Theatre, Coalisland - Thurs 25th Feb
* Down Arts Centre, Downpatrick - Fri 26th Feb
* Town Hall, Newry - Mon 1st March
* Garage Theatre, Monaghan - Tue 2nd & Weds 3rd March
* Playhouse, Londonderry - Fri 5th Mar
* Queen’s Hall, Newtownards - Sat 6th March
* Waterfront Studio, Belfast - Mon 8th March
* The Braid, Ballymena - Weds 10th March
* Riverside Theatre, Coleraine - Fri 12th & Sat 13th March