Music Played10 items
Paul McCartney & Wings Listen To What The Man Said
Hot Chocolate It Started With A Kiss
Beth Nielsen Chapman Even As it All Goes By
UB40 Red Red Wine
Helena Bonham Carter A Little Priest
Neil Diamond Cracklin' Rosie
The Pointer Sisters Jump
George Harrison My Sweet Lord
Boyzone Gave It All Away
Harry Nilsson Everybody's Talking
Gerry's Rugby Quiz
Gerry has a new competition, Gerry’s Rugby Game. How do you play rugby on radio? Very simple! It’s a general knowledge quiz; two people will take part. You don’t actually have to know anything about rugby.
Gerry will ask each person 5 general knowledge questions. For each question answered correctly they score a "try" and get 5 points. For each "try" they get the chance to score a "conversion", equalling another 2 points. The person who has the most points will be the winner. If there's a tie then each contestant has to answer a question to score a "penalty".
What’s the prize? Every week it's a Radio Ulster rugby shirt. We’ll keep a leader board of all the scores between now and Easter. The top 4 scorers will come together for a Gerry’s Rugby Game play-off to decide who the overall winner is. The final prize will be a digital radio.
Rules and Regulations
1. Entry to the quiz is open to all BBC Radio Ulster listeners aged 16 or over. BBC employees, any person connected to the quiz and their close relatives are excluded from entering.
2. Entrants can register their interest in taking part in the Gerry Kelly Rugby Quiz by calling 08459 555 678 during the Gerry Kelly show. Entrants will be asked to provide their name, address and contact details. Calls cost up to 4p/min from a landline (min connection fee of 8p may apply). Calls from mobiles may cost considerably more. You must obtain bill payers permission before calling.
3. The quiz will run every Saturday between 12:30 and 14:00 on the Gerry Kelly show from the 24th January 2010.
4. When listeners call to register their interest, a member of the production team will ask them 3 general knowledge questions and conduct a brief interview. From the entrants who answered the questions correctly, the production team will select the 2 entrants who appeared the most lively and enthusiastic to play the on air quiz.
5. The quiz will consist of the 2 contestants being asked 10+ general knowledge questions with a varying degree of difficulty. Each correct answer is worth a number of points.
6. The contestant with the highest score will be the winner. In the event of a tie the contestants will be asked a tie breaker question to determine the winner.
7. Contestants who make it to the on-air quiz are excluded from entering again for the remainder of the quiz.
8. There are no prizes for participating in the quiz, but the winner of the weekly quiz will win a BBC rugby shirt. They will also be added to the rugby leader board on Gerry’s website at www.bbc.co.uk/radioulster. The top 4 contestants on the leader board, at the end of the quiz, will compete against each other for a chance to win the digital radio.
9. The BBC’s decision as to the winner is final. No correspondence relating to the quiz will be entered into.
10. The BBC reserves the right to: (i) vary the times of the quiz; (ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules or has acted fraudulently in any way; (iii) cancel the quiz, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
11. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered.
13. The quiz in this programme accords with the BBC's Code of Conduct for Competitions and Voting, details of which can be found on the BBC'S Standards and Guidelines website.
14. The promoter of the quiz is the British Broadcasting Corporation and is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
15. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering.
Gerry Kelly is Ireland's most respected interviewer and talk show host. This is a collection of his…