Music Played14 items
Wings Live & Let Die
Paul McCartney - All The Best!, Parlophone
The Killers Human
Day & Age, Mercury, 1
The Rolling Stones Come On
Rolling Stones - Singles Collection, Abkco
Bon Jovi We Weren't Born To Follow
(CD Single), Mercury, 7
Cheryl Cole Fight For This Love
(CD Single), Polydor, 1
Whitney Houston I Will Always Love You
The Bodyguard (Original S/Track), Arista
Shirley Bassey Nice Men
The Performance, Geffen, 1
The Lemonheads Mrs Robinson
Simply The Best Movie Album (Various), Warner Strategic Market
Glen Campbell Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)
Meet Glen Campbell, EMI, 1
The Bees Chicken Payback
(CD Single), Virgin
Regina Spektor Eet
Michael Bublé Haven't Met You Yet
Crazy Love, Reprise, 1
Peter Gabriel Big Time
Peter Gabriel - So, Virgin
The Jam That's Entertainment
The Jam: The Singles 1980-1982, Polydor
Get Ready To Rock!
They’re one of the biggest rock bands in the world who, over the passed twenty years, have sold out stadia wherever their guitars go. But, just for Radio 2’s listeners, they’ll be performing a very special, intimate gig in the BBC’s famous Radio Theatre on Tuesday 3rd November. We went live to the big apple and speak to Mr. Jon Bon Jovi himself…Bon Jovi
Sir Paul McCartney is to play London's spectacular 02 Arena for the first time and it will be exactly 46 years to the day on the 22nd December since The Beatles played their first ever The Beatles Christmas Show at Liverpool's Empire Theatre. Called 'Good Evening London' it will be his only show in the UK this year. Mr Fab himself called us form across the pond to tell Chris all about it! Wooooooh!Paul McCartney
My Perfect Roast Chicken
By Jamie Oliver from The Naked ChefNigel's Recipe Archive
Prep Time 25 mins
Cooking Time 1h4r 10 mins
1.1 – 1.4kg / 2 ½ - 3lb free-range chicken (Nige used a Label Anglais from Essex)
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
3 small handfuls of fresh herbs (basil, parsley, marjoram) picked & finely chopped (Nige suggests thyme & a little tarragon as alternatives)
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon halved
4 bay leaves torn
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
4 rashes of smoked streaky bacon, cut in half (Nigel B twist)
1. Preheat the oven & a roasting tray to 225C/425F/Gas 7
2. Wash the chicken inside & out & pat it as dry as possible with kitchen paper. Leave the wishbone in.
3. Rub the cavity with salt, and then carefully grab the skin at the tip of the chicken breasts, making sure that it doesn’t rip, & pull up gently.
4. With your other hand gently separate the skin from the meat of the breast. Its normally connected by a little bit of tissuey-type stuff & you can either leave this attached in the middle & make 2 little tunnels either side, or you can try to cut away the middle.
5. Sprinkle a little salt down the gaps you have made & push in the chopped herbs & bacon, keeping the bacon as flat as possible.
6. Drizzle in a little olive oil.
7. Stuff the cavity with lemon, bay & rosemary.
8. Pull the skin of the chicken flesh forward so that none of the actual chicken breast is exposed.
9. Slash across each thigh about 3 or 4 times & rub in some of the left over herbs.
10. With your hand rub a little olive oil into the skin of the chicken & season generously with salt & pepper.
11. Remove the hot tray from the oven & add a little oil. Put the chicken, right breast side down, on the bottom of the tray & put back in the oven.
12. Cook for 5 mins, then turn it over onto the other breast, cooking for another 5 mins.
13. Then place the chicken on its back & cook for 1hr.
14. Use any excess fat that drips off into the roasting tray to roast your potatoes, or cook the potatoes in the tray with your chicken.
Catch up with the latest Breakfast fun with Chris Evans. Hear the best stories and the biggest…