- Hester King at the Broadisland Gathering Duration: 02:24
- Success for Clontibret Pipe Band Duration: 01:11
- Ernie Scott at the Broadisland Gathering 2009 Duration: 01:00
- Townland Banners at Broadisland 2009 Duration: 01:08
- Nelson McCausland at the 2009 Broadisland Gathering Duration: 00:59
- Scottish Visitors to the Broadisland Gathering Duration: 01:17
A Kist o Wurds Series 21 Programme 5
David Hume is at the Braidisland Gaitherin to mark four hundred years of history and the strong links that connect the village and district to Scotland.
The Gaitherin is held in Ballycarry village where William Edmonstone bought a land grant in 1609, before the Ulster plantation, and Braidisland’s Scots congregation received the first Presbyterian minister in Ireland in 1613.
David meets locals and visitors at the Gaitherin, in a lively celebration of the Ulster Scots heritage and character in this airt of east Antrim.
Don't forget, you can contact the programme anytime with comments or suggestions by emailing email@example.com.
Sollus Highland Dancers
Dorothy Irvine and David Hume
Broadisland Parade 2009
Figures from History
The re-enactors are, from l-r:
Janice King as Martha Craig;
Maurice Farquhar as William Edmondstone;
David Hume as James Orr; and
Robert McKee as John Dalway.
Ernie Scott shares a joke with David Hume