Music Played12 items
Texas Black Eyed Boy
Hits Zone - The Best Of 97 (Various), Polygram Tv
Polarkreis 18 Allein Allein (Alone Alone)
(CD Single), Vertigo, 1
Lily Allen Not Fair
(CD Single), Regal, 1
The O'Jays Love Train
Shades Of Soul (Various Artists), Global Television
Franz Ferdinand Take Me Out
Crash! Indie Anthems 1982-2004 (Var), BMG
Take That Said It All
David Bowie Changes
David Bowie - Best Of Bowie, EMI
Billy Joel Uptown Girl
An Innocent Man, CBS
Blur Girls And Boys
Now 28 (Various Artists), Now
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band My Lucky Day
Working On A Dream
Paolo Nutini New Shoes
(CD Single), Atlantic
Joe Jackson It's Different For Girls
Joe Jackson - I'm The Man, A&M
The government is suggesting university students that live at home won’t have to pay tuition fees, but surely the point of going to university is to leave the nest?Find out more here.
As Alistair Darling announces tougher regulations for UK banks we ask: How much do they need regulating?Find out more here.
News Of The World
The News of The World has apparently paid damages totalling £1m to people that they illegally listened to on the phone.Find out more here.
The Parish council in Worcestershire has been reprimanded for telling racist jokes in a news letter, but are they racist and are they jokes?
The Parish Council Jokes Part 1
1. If you take an oriental person and spin him around several times, does he become disorientated?
2. If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren’t people from Holland called Holes?
3. Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
4. If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?
5. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
6. Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
7. When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?
8. Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist but a person who drives a racing car not called a racist?
9. Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?
10. Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things?
11. Why isn’t the number 11 pronounced onety one?
The Parish Council Jokes Part 2
12. ‘I am’ is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that ‘I do’ is the longest sentence?
13. If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn’t it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked and dry cleaners depressed?
14. What hair colour do they put on the drivers licences of bald men?
15. I thought about how mothers feed their babies with tiny spoons and forks so I wondered what do Chinese mothers use? Toothpicks?
16. Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are we supposed to do, write to them? Why don’t they just put their pictures on the postage stamps so the postmen can look for them while they deliver the mail?
17. You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive or use a computer.
18. No one ever says, “It’s only a game” when their team is winning.
19. Ever wonder about those people who spend £1.00 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water?... try spelling Evian backwards: NAÏVE
20. Isn’t making a smoking section in a restaurant like making a peeing section in a swimming pool?
21. OK… So if the Jacksonville Jaguars are known as the ‘Jags’ and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are known as the ‘Bucs’, what does that make the Tennessee Titans?
22. If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhoea, does that mean that one enjoys it?
Jeremy Vine explores what makes us human with leading thinkers and writers in this landmark BBC…