- Music from Wilbert Magill and the Thompson Brothers Duration: 03:19
- Crack with Willie Cromie in Ards Town Hall Duration: 02:13
- Will McAvoy reads Charlie Gillen's 'The Dance' Duration: 04:25
- Music from Wilbert Magill and friends Duration: 00:52
- Wilbert Magill: The Kilhoose Dances Duration: 03:49
- Wilbert Magill launches his new book Duration: 04:52
Series 20 Programme 2
Willie is at the Ards Arts Centre to help his auld freen Wilbert MaGill celebrate the launch of a new book of poems and memories.
Wilbert tells Willie that his writing in Ulster Scots is all about the people and places of the Ards, including one Thomas John who met Big Bertha, decked oot in her hobnail boots, at the Killhoose dance.
The folk gathered in Newtown hear Mark Thompson of the Ulster Scots Agency minding meeting Wilbert in his boyhood days, then Wilbert delights the company with a reading from his book ‘Aboot tha Airds’, and the Twa Wulls, McAvoy and Cromie, gie a wheen mair laughs tae yin an aa forby.
Wilbert Magill with Willie Cromie