The good-looking and laid-back Mitchell had, in contrast to George, the gift of the gab and an easy confidence with the ladies. But he was also a blood-sucking vampire struggling with going cold-turkey from the blood he craves.
As a vampire who loved humanity, John Mitchell was a torn man. Mitchell served as a leader of men in World War One, but a meeting with Herrick on the battlefield soon ended his human life and froze him in time as a vampire. From this moment his life became dominated by one thing - 'the thirst'. At first it was a game, running wild with Herrick, seducing, killing and 'drinking'. Make no mistake, Mitchell had done it all. As Herrick's right hand man, he experienced, and revelled in, a very dark past, with only Ivan coming anywhere near his legendary status in the vampire world.
“ I've killed people, Annie... Mitchell
But the sixties was the decade that changed it all. Mitchell's conscience began to return, tapping into his soul and fighting the blood lust for the first time in nearly 50 years.
It was a meeting with Josie that tipped the balance. As his one true love above all others, Josie saw no fear and instead showed Mitchell the route back to humanity. There was only one problem - Josie was human. And like all humans she aged, while Mitchell stayed the same, trapped in a body from the past. Although beautiful, their relationship was always doomed.
Those foundations laid by Josie have been encouraged by many others, including Carl and Dan who kept Mitchell cold turkey even on the night of the millennium, when all he wanted to do was join the party and 'drink'. But the connection that touched Mitchell deeper than any other is the bond with Annie and George. Through their chance meeting they showed Mitchell more humanity, and shared more problems as equals (and supernaturals), than any who came before them. First in Windsor Terrace and then in Honolulu Heights, they became an unbeatable team, with Mitchell's age and experience taking him naturally into the father role. But he was a troubled man with dark secrets - the kind that will get you in the end.
Aidan Turner (born 19 June 1983) is an Irish film and television actor.
Turner was born in Ireland and grew up in Tallaght, South Dublin, Ireland. He graduated from The Gaiety School of Acting, a drama school located in the Temple Bar area of Dublin, Ireland, in 2004. Turner also appeared as Ruairí McGowanre in two seasons of The Clinic, a medical-drama television series first aired on RTÉ One. He appeared as Dante Gabriel Rossetti in Desperate Romantics (2009, six episodes), a costume-drama television series first aired on BBC Two.
- Long Live The King Duration: 02:44 Series 3, The Wolf-Shaped Bullet
- Being Human 3: Episode 8 highlights Duration: 05:31 Series 3, The Wolf-Shaped Bullet
- The Final Act Duration: 03:53 Series 3, The Wolf-Shaped Bullet
- Mitchell and Annie in a police cell Duration: 01:06 Series 3, The Wolf-Shaped Bullet
- Being Human 3: Episode 6 highlights Duration: 03:38 Series 3, Daddy Ghoul
- Being Human: Series 3 - Episode 5 Highlights Duration: 03:22 Series 3, The Longest Day
- Being Human 3: Episode 4 highlights Duration: 02:52 Series 3, The Pack
- Return to the Cage Duration: 02:42 Series 3, The Pack
- Being Human 3: Episode 3 highlights Duration: 03:32 Series 3, Type 4
- Mitchell has a job interview Duration: 00:45 Series 3, Adam's Family
- Being Human Series 3 Trailer Duration: 00:47 Series 3
- Being Human: Series 3 - Lia Duration: 02:27 Series 3, Lia
- Finding A New Place Duration: 01:18 Series 3, Lia
- Deleted Scene: Mitchell Looks Awful Duration: 01:35 Series 2, Episode 3
- Deleted Flashback Scene: Hider in the House Duration: 02:12 Series 2, Episode 8
- Mitchell is Betrayed Duration: 01:23 Series 2, Episode 6
- Vampire Rehab Duration: 01:07 Series 2, Episode 3
- Puncture Wounds Duration: 01:18 Series 2, Episode 2
- The Live Event Duration: 02:33 Series 2, Episode 1
- Face Their Demons Duration: 00:30 Series 2