Rickshaw Challenge 2012: Text To Donate - Terms and Conditions
If you'd like to give £5 to BBC Children in Need's Rickshaw Challenge via the Text To Donate service, here's all the information you'll need to know.
Terms and Conditions
1. You can donate to the One Show BBC Children in Need Challenge by texting the keyword TEAM to 70705
2. Text messages cost £5, plus your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates).
3. Your support will result in a £5 donation to BBC Children in Need for each text message you send.
4. Where calls to donate are associated with challenges, your donations are independent of the success or failure of the challenge.
5. The following mobile network operators have waived their charges in order to allow the full £5 cost of the reply confirmation text message (described below) to go entirely to support BBC Children in Need: 3, O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin, Vodafone. In addition, HM Treasury have confirmed that no VAT should be charged on these donations.
6. You can send a text message between 00.01 on 17 October 2012 and 23.59 on 31 December 2012. Please ensure you spell the keyword correctly and send your text message to the correct short code 70705.
7. If your keyword and short code are valid and your text message is received within the specified times and dates, you will be charged £5 via a reply confirmation text message and your donation will go to BBC Children in Need (with the exception of Vodafone customers, who will be charged £5 directly via their bill). It may take some time for you to receive the confirmation text message. Please wait until you receive it. Each valid text you send will result in a charge of £5 plus your standard network message charge, regardless of when you receive your confirmation text message. Any repeat texts will result in repeat donations.
8. If your short code is invalid, you may not receive a confirmation text message but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be charged the £5 donation by BBC Children in Need as you will not be donating to the charity.
9. If you enter the keyword incorrectly, but your text message is sent to 70705, you may still be charged £5 via a confirmation text message, in which case your donation will still be made to BBC Children in Need.
10. If you send a text message outside of the promotion dates, you may still be charged £5 via a confirmation text message, in which case your donation will still be made to BBC Children in Need.
11. You can donate by text a maximum of 6 times each day from the same mobile telephone number (midnight to midnight). If you try to donate more than 6 times in a day using the same keyword from the same mobile, you will still be charged your standard network rate, but will not be charged £5 for a confirmation text message and will not be donating to BBC Children in Need. For the avoidance of doubt this maximum is placed on the text messages sent to 70705 with the same keyword. If you would like to contribute more money to BBC Children in Need, you can donate on-line on our website at www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey
12. All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to send a text donation to us.
13. The text service is provided by Mobile Interactive Group (a Velti Company). If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact MIG at the following email address: VeltiMIGemail@example.com or write to Mobile Interactive Group (a Velti Company), The Tower Building, 7th Floor, 11 York Road, London, SE1 7NX or call on the following Helpline Number 0870 248 0277 (Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:30). Calls cost up to 8p/min from most landlines (an additional connection fee may also apply). Calls from mobiles may cost considerably more.
14. BBC, BBC Children in Need, Harvest Media (UK) Limited and their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost or not properly received.
15. BBC Children in Need is a registered charity, number 802052 (England and Wales) SC039557 (Scotland).
16. To find out more about the charity, please go to www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey or call the BBC Children in Need Helpdesk on 0345 609 0015 (Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00). Standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles will apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider’s call package.
17. BBC and BBC Children in Need reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.