Fundraising Ideas for Students
There are endless ways for students to fundraise, but to get you thinking, here are lots of great fundraising ideas...
1. RAG raid: Organise a mega bucket collection on one day in your city centre or nearby city. Make it fancy dress to really stand out.
2. Flash mob: Descend upon an area in your city as zombies or as a new theme and donate a few pounds to be part of this bizarre phenomenon.
3. Library fines Friday: One Friday each month, encourage everyone to return their overdue books, donating the money raised. You’ll need to talk to someone at the library about arranging this.
4. Varsity events: Ask spectators at Varsity events to do their bit by donating through ticket sales or on the day.
5. Hoods for good: You can donate £1 from each sale of society hoodies.
6. Bike for Britain: Set up an exercise bike somewhere public and challenge sports teams to ride for 24 hours.
7. Hair-raising: Shave it, dye it, cut it or style it in a ridiculous way for a horrible hair day.
8. Testing testing, is this thing on? Put on a night showcasing local bands or DJs and raise loads of cash either on the door or on the bar.
9. Lost: A bus with blacked-out windows takes you to an unknown destination. Your challenge is to get back to your starting point as quickly as possible without a smart phone or map.
10. Jailbreak: Teams must get as far away as possible from their starting point in a given amount of time spending absolutely no money on travel.
11. Host with the most: Concoct a menu and host a dinner party for paying guests.
12. Show your spots: Wear something spotty for the day. You can buy some great stuff in the Children in Need shop.
13. That’s your lot: Flog stuff on eBay and donate the profits from your auctions.
14. Auction a promise: Have your housemates bid to wash up, cook or take the bins out for a month, for a price.
15. Party time: Whether you’re in halls, a flat or a house, everyone likes a good knees-up so just ask for a fiver on the door and donate it once you’ve recovered.
16. Round robin: Sports matches are often an easy thing to arrange with players and spectators chipping in a few pounds. Even couch potatoes can host a Fifa tournament.
17. Hold your tongue: Introduce a swear jar at home and insist on money for every expletive.
18. Sofa money: You’ll be surprised how much cash your sofa has eaten over the years. Claim it back and hand it in!