- An heir uncovers his cousin's involvement in a Cold War exercise Duration: 02:33 Series 7, Daly/Harrington
- The heir hunters struggle to solve a case Duration: 02:31 Series 7, Squirell/Stewart
- A new heir comes to light Duration: 03:07 Series 7, Paine/Birchall
- Weatherman Michael Fish learns he is an heir Duration: 02:42 Series 7, Clarke/Meaby
- The heir hunters get to work on the case of Victor Evans Duration: 02:25 Series 6, Evans/Dunalley St
Beware of emails claiming to be from Heir Hunters
We have been informed that someone has been sending out emails purporting to come from the Heir Hunters programme and referring to this website. Please be aware that these emails have no connection with the BBC or Flame Television, the makers of Heir Hunters, and you should ignore them. You should not reply to them and if you believe that persons are attempting to deceive you with a view to monetary gain, then you should contact the police.
Researching your family history?
Fraser and Fraser, Hoopers, Celtic Research, Heirtrace, Census Searches, Elliot & Whitmere and other heir-hunting companies do not accept unsolicited enquiries directly from the public.
People who are interested in undertaking personal family history research may also wish to consider contacting the Association of Genealogists and Researchers in Archives (AGRA) or the Association Of Professional Genealogists (APGN), who are able to advise on family history research and who have a list of recommended researchers. Links to their websites can be found on the right of this page.
Many of the unclaimed estates featured in previous series of Heir Hunters may have been solved since the programmes were first shown. New unclaimed estates are advertised by the Bona Vacantia Division of the Treasury Solicitor on their website.Bona Vacantia website
Iif you think you may be an heir to an estate and want to make a claim, you will need to have the following information to back up your claim: your family tree proving your relationship to the deceased, and appropriate family certificates for birth, marriage and death.