Terms and Conditions for Quiz
Terms and Conditions for BBC Radio Foyle Sean Coyle Show Quiz
1. Entry is open to all UK residents (including Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) except BBC employees or those of its affiliates and their close relatives or any person connected to the competition. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested.
2. The competition will take place during the Sean Coyle Show from 1500-1700 from 12 January 2011.
3. To enter the competition listeners must call the telephone number: 028 71266522. Standard geographic charges apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider’s call package. Calls from mobiles may be higher.
4. Entrants must ensure they obtain the bill-payer’s consent before entering. Only one entry is allowed per listener each day.
6. The competition telephone lines are only open from 1530 to 1630 every weekday between 12 January 2011 and 12 July 2011 (both dates included). Entries received outside these times will not be registered but may still be charged. The opening and closing times may change so please listen to announcements during the show.
7. Entrants will not be on air. Entrants who have won are excluded from re-entering the competition for a period of two weeks. Only one winner a day is chosen.
8. SMS entries will be accepted on 81771. Entries should be preceded by the words ‘Foyle’ and ‘Quiz’. Texts will be charged at your standard message rate. Check with your network provider for exact costs.
9. Presenter Sean Coyle reads out a question on air. Callers will ring or text with their answer. Each correct entry will be written on a numbered list. A randomly generated number will determine the winning entry.
10. The BBC’s decision as to the winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
11. Only one winner a day is chosen.
12. If all contestants fail to win the prize, the production team may implement any contingencies at its discretion. These may include: reverting to another entrants to take part in the on air competition, re-opening the competition line or deferring the prize.
13. The prize will consist of various dinners at local restaurants, theatre tickets etc.
14. The prize is as described above. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances.
15. Entrants must agree to take part in any post-competition publicity if required.
16. Where the prize, as advertised, includes tickets, the BBC will not be responsible for any failure by the ticket holders to gain entry or re-entry to the event due to the behaviour of the ticket holder or their failure to meet the admission requirements of the event, including minimum age of the ticket holders. Ticket holders are responsible for checking admission requirements to the venue.
17. The BBC reserves the right to: (i) amend these terms and conditions and vary the competition opening times; (ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules or has acted fraudulently in any way; (iii) withdraw or substitute any prize, at any stage, should any winner or their guest exhibit inappropriate or dangerous behaviour (including, but not limited to being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or chemical substances or causing a nuisance) while attending BBC premises or where the prize includes attendance to an event and; (iv) cancel the competition, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
18. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered.
19. This competition accords with the BBC's Code of Conduct for Competitions and Voting, details of which can be found at: BBC Competitions Policy
20. The promoter of the competition is the British Broadcasting Corporation and the applicable law is the laws of England and Wales.
21. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when registering.