- Jessie J gets ready for Comic Relief Duration: 10:00
- Hannah Boelyn in conversation with Alan Simpson Duration: 04:47
- Brent Zillwood from C4 show 'The Undateables' Duration: 05:08
- David Caves stars in 'Silent Witness' Duration: 06:57
- Nell Bryden chats to Alan Simpson Duration: 13:30
- Ben Miller chats to Alan Simpson Duration: 06:28
Alan chats to Paloma Faith
Alan Simpson caught up with the colourful Paloma Faith when she was in town and managed to discuss Ronnie Corbett, Vivienne Westwood and Tim Burton all in the space of 5 minutes.Watch the video
Alan meets Graeme McDowell
Alan caught up with US Open Winner Graeme McDowell and his parents when he was in Portrush over the summer.Watch the video
Peter Andre comes into the studio
Peter Andre dropped into the afternoon show to sample some local delights ... dulse and yellowman.Watch the video
Lissie talks Cuckoo
Pop starlet Lissie explains what hit single Cuckoo is about on the Alan Simpson showWatch the Video
Thin Lizzy on Phil Lynott
Alan Simpson talks to Ricky Warwick and Scott Gorham ahead of the Thin Lizzy tour.Listen to Thin Lizzy Interview
The Alan Simpson Show – Daily Prize Competition
The Alan Simpson Show – Daily Prize CompetitionBBC Competitions Policy
Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is open to all UK residents (including Channel Islands and the Isle of Man), except BBC employees or those of its affiliates and their close relatives or any person connected to the competition. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested
2. The competition will run daily between Monday to Friday 1500 and 1700 during the Alan Simpson show from 8th May 2013 (subject to editorial changes to the schedule).
Listeners will be invited to answer one question to win a prize related to content on that day’s programme, following the instructions given out on-air, either:
• By calling the number: 08459 555 678. Calls cost up to 5p/min from most landlines (an additional connection fee may apply) Calls from mobiles may cost considerably more; or
• By texting the number: 81771. Texts will be charged at your standard message rate
No other method of entry will be accepted. Listeners must obtain the bill-payers permission before calling or texting to register. Listeners who are under 16 must have the permission of a parent or guardian to enter.
3. Registration is only open during the times announced on-air. Entries received outside these times will not be registered but will still be charged. The opening and closing times may change so please listen to announcements during the show. Only one entry is allowed per listener during each show.
5. A winner will be selected at random from all those who answered the on air question correctly. Where a selected winner is under 16, the production team may seek to verify parental consent; otherwise he or she cannot go any further in the competition. The production team will call back and conduct a brief interview with the winner(s). If suitable, they may be asked to go on air, although this will not determine whether that entrant is a winner.
6. If a selected winner is not available after reasonable attempts by the production team in order to conduct the verification / eligibility call (or to take the answer if a text entry and verify / check eligibility), another entrant will be selected at random.
7. Prizes will be announced each day on-air during the show. The prize will be related to an interview/feature on the programme. For example, concert or theatre tickets, a cd or a book. Ticket prizes do not include any costs such as travel and accommodation.
8. The prize is as stated above. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances. On occasion there will be more than one prize. This will be made clear on air before the competition opens. In those cases a number of winners will be selected at random from those who answered the on-air question correctly (each subject to availability, eligibility and any other terms covering entrants and winners included in these Terms and Conditions).
9. From time to time a prize may have an age requirement. When such a prize is offered, this will be clearly stated on-air. Any listener not meeting this requirement will not be able to enter for that instance of the competition.
10. Where the prize includes tickets, the BBC will not be responsible for any failure of the ticket holders to gain entry or re-entry to the event due to the behaviour of the ticket holder or their failure to meet the admission requirements of the event, including minimum age of the ticket holders. Ticket holders are responsible for checking admission requirements to the venue.
11. Where the prize includes entry to an event and the winning listener is under 16, the winner will need to be accompanied by an adult.
12. Winners are not permitted to re-enter the competition for 2 months.
13. Entrants must agree to take part in any post-competition publicity if required. The names of winners may be made public.
14. The BBC’s decision as to the contestants, winners and prizes awarded is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
15. The BBC reserves the right to: (i) amend these terms and conditions, including but not limited to varying the competition opening and closing times; (ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules or has acted fraudulently in any way; and (iii) cancel the competition, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control. If the winner is put on–air the BBC reserves the right to take them off-air if they display offensive, abusive or any other kind of unsuitable behaviour.
16. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered.
17. This competition accords with the BBC's Code of Conduct for Competitions and Voting, details of which can be found at: BBC Competitions Policy
18. The promoter of the competition is the British Broadcasting Corporation and the applicable law is the laws of England and Wales.
19. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when registering.