Jack of all trades but definitely not a master of them all, Eddie's got a finger in every pie and a gnome in every garden.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|Played by:||Trevor Harrison|
|Born:||15 March 1951|
|Status:||Married to Clarrie Grundy|
|Occupation:||A bit of this, a bit of that... relief milkman at Brookfield Farm|
|Lives at:||Keeper's Cottage|
|Owns:||Grundy's Field (the nerve centre of Grundy Enterprises)|
If only he could stop hatching get-rich-quick schemes, Clarrie's worries would be over.
I'm just nipping out to me ferrets, Clarrie love.Eddie Grundy
- Likes - Cider, Shires bitter, Country & Western, cider
- Dislikes - Not being a farmer any more
- Highs - Being reconciled with Ed
- Lows - Nearly landing himself in jail for selling condemned meat
Trevor was born on 16 March 1957 in Stourbridge. He first got interested in acting at school, and admits it wasn’t just on stage he acted up, but sometimes in the classroom too! His favourite role in the school plays he appeared in was Toad, in Toad of Toad Hall.
He trained at the Birmingham Theatre School and it was at this he had his first experience in professional theatre at the Birmingham Rep.
In 1979 Trevor joined The Archers as Eddie Grundy, a role which he has loved since day one. In the early 80s the Eddie Grundy fan club was formed, and the late John Walters and John Peel were among its founder members.
Trevor has appeared on radio and TV in dramas and light entertainment including several months in Crossroads. For a while he had his own show on his local radio station BBC Hereford and Worcester. He has appeared in rep, theatre tours and in panto and has also made several records.
Trevor lives in a small village in Worcestershire with his wife Annette. They both love the countryside and country walks. He is a keen bird watcher, especially of birds of prey. History is another hobby of his and he likes visiting historical sites and houses.
The new century was a land mark for both Eddie and for Trevor. In the year 2000 Eddie lost his home at Grange Farm but in 2001 Trevor gained the MBE.
Other career highlights
I was asked to address some Worcestershire Asparagus on St George’s Day 2009 - a bit like Robert Burns to the haggis. I wrote an ode, thinking it would only be heard by an audience in Evesham. However, the media took an unexpected interest in the story and I ended up reading it live on national TV for BBC Breakfast Time – watch out Bert Fry!
I had real tears in my eyesTrevor Harrison
I will always remember when the Grundys were evicted from Grange Farm. Over the years, we had many storylines based there so when we recorded the scene and the Grundys were leaving their home I had real tears in my eyes. The producer who was directing the scene comforted us Grundys with a glass of wine after the recording.
Trevor on playing Eddie
I think Eddie is a loveable rogue. He is a bit naughty at times, but can also be sensitive when the situation arises and he very much a family man.
- Actor - My favourite actor was Peter Sellers. I loved his characters with their wonderful voices. I would have loved to have worked with him.
- Book - Wind In The Willows. I love the countryside and every time I am by a river bank I can’t help thinking about Toad, Badger, Ratty and Mole.
- Film - I think it must be Camelot with Richard Harris. It was watching this film that really convinced me that I would love to be an actor. I can still remember most of the words to the songs.
List of current characters and actors
- Abbie Tucker
- Adam Macy Played by Andrew Wincott
- Alan Franks Played by John Telfer
- Alice Carter Played by Hollie Chapman
- Alistair Lloyd Played by Michael Lumsden
- Amy Franks Played by Jennifer Daley
- Andrew Eagleton Played by John Flitcroft
- Annabelle Schrivener Played by Julia Hills
- Ben Archer Played by Thomas Lester
- Bert Fry Played by Eric Allan
- Bert Horrobin Played by Martyn Read
- Bethany Tucker
- Brenda Tucker Played by Amy Shindler
- Brian Aldridge Played by Charles Collingwood
- Caroline Sterling Played by Sara Coward
- Celia Redwood Played by Anita Dobson
- Charlie Morgan Played by Ben Caplan
- Christine Barford Played by Lesley Saweard
- Christopher Carter Played by Will Sanderson-Thwaite
- Clarrie Grundy Played by Heather Bell
- Clive Horrobin Played by Alex Jones
- Coriander Snell Played by Alexandra Lilley
- Daniel Hebden Lloyd Played by Louis Hamblett
- Darrell Makepeace Played by Dan Hagley
- David Archer Played by Timothy Bentinck
- Debbie Aldridge Played by Tamsin Greig
- Derek Fletcher Silent character
- Donna Horrobin Played by Alison Belbin
- Ed Grundy Played by Barry Farrimond
- Eddie Grundy Played by Trevor Harrison
- Edgar Titcombe Silent character
- Elizabeth Pargetter Played by Alison Dowling
- Ellen Rogers Played by Rosemary Leach
- Elona Makepeace Played by Eri Shuka
- Emma Grundy Played by Emerald O'Hanrahan
- Fallon Rogers Played by Joanna Van Kampen
- Freda Fry Silent character
- Freddie Pargetter Played by Jack Firth
- George Grundy Played by Rui Thacker
- Grace Morgan Played by Jenny Johns
- Graham Ryder Played by Malcolm McKee
- Hayley Tucker Played by Lorraine Coady
- Hazel Woolley Played by Annette Badland
- Heather Pritchard Played by Joyce Gibbs
- Helen Archer Played by Louiza Patikas
- Henry Archer
- Ian Craig Played by Stephen Kennedy
- Iftikar Shah Played by Pal Aron