Long suffering Clarrie maintains a fierce love for all the men in her life.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|Played by:||Heather Bell|
|Born:||12 May 1954|
|Status:||Married to Eddie Grundy|
|Occupation:||Dairy worker / occasional barmaid|
|Lives at:||Keeper's Cottage|
|Works at:||Bridge Farm / The Bull|
They've each heaped upon her more than her share of trouble and heartache but she would still defend every one of them against all-comers.
Generous at heart, she's had to put aside her reservations about Emma and Nic, and accept that they make her sons Ed and Will (respectively) happy.
She works in the dairy at Bridge Farm but in the summer of 2011 she was mortified to be the unwitting carrier of E coli. This landed several people in hospital and brought her employer close to financial ruin. She resigned, but after several difficult months she eventually returned to the job.
Oh Eddie, don't bring them ferrets in here! Clarrie Grundy
- Likes - Caring for grandson George, having an excuse to get dressed up now and again, anything French
- Dislikes - The ferrets, most of Eddie's harebrained schemes
- Highs - Her surprise trip to Paris with Eddie, Nic marrying Will
- Lows - The bitter rivalry between Will and Ed, bringing E coli to Ambridge
Heather returned to play the part of Clarrie in 2012, taking over from the retiring Rosalind Adams.
Heather originally joined the cast in 1979, when Clarrie’s father Jethro Larkin took a job at Brookfield Farm and moved the family to Ambridge.
Heather has wide experience in radio, television and theatre, having worked in repertory companies all over Britain, in London’s West End and in playing many leading roles on television.
Her radio career began at drama school where she was a runner up in the BBC Carleton Hobbs Award for radio drama. She was later was cast as Mercy O'Callaghan, Tracy's au pair, in the long running serial Waggoner's Walk.
The part of Tracy was coincidentally played by... Rosalind Adams!
List of current characters and actors
- Abbie Tucker
- Adam Macy Played by Andrew Wincott
- Alan Franks Played by John Telfer
- Alice Carter Played by Hollie Chapman
- Alistair Lloyd Played by Michael Lumsden
- Amy Franks Played by Jennifer Daley
- Andrew Eagleton Played by John Flitcroft
- Annabelle Schrivener Played by Julia Hills
- Ben Archer Played by Thomas Lester
- Bert Fry Played by Eric Allan
- Bert Horrobin Played by Martyn Read
- Bethany Tucker
- Brenda Tucker Played by Amy Shindler
- Brian Aldridge Played by Charles Collingwood
- Caroline Sterling Played by Sara Coward
- Celia Redwood Played by Anita Dobson
- Charlie Morgan Played by Ben Caplan
- Christine Barford Played by Lesley Saweard
- Christopher Carter Played by Will Sanderson-Thwaite
- Clarrie Grundy Played by Heather Bell
- Clive Horrobin Played by Alex Jones
- Coriander Snell Played by Alexandra Lilley
- Daniel Hebden Lloyd Played by Louis Hamblett
- Darrell Makepeace Played by Dan Hagley
- David Archer Played by Timothy Bentinck
- Debbie Aldridge Played by Tamsin Greig
- Derek Fletcher Silent character
- Donna Horrobin Played by Alison Belbin
- Ed Grundy Played by Barry Farrimond
- Eddie Grundy Played by Trevor Harrison
- Edgar Titcombe Silent character
- Elizabeth Pargetter Played by Alison Dowling
- Ellen Rogers Played by Rosemary Leach
- Elona Makepeace Played by Eri Shuka
- Emma Grundy Played by Emerald O'Hanrahan
- Fallon Rogers Played by Joanna Van Kampen
- Freda Fry Silent character
- Freddie Pargetter Played by Jack Firth
- George Grundy Played by Rui Thacker
- Grace Morgan Played by Jenny Johns
- Graham Ryder Played by Malcolm McKee
- Hayley Tucker Played by Lorraine Coady
- Hazel Woolley Played by Annette Badland
- Heather Pritchard Played by Joyce Gibbs
- Helen Archer Played by Louiza Patikas
- Henry Archer
- Ian Craig Played by Stephen Kennedy
- Iftikar Shah Played by Pal Aron