- Birthday boy Duration: 00:44 Million Pound Build for Children in Need
- Man moment Duration: 00:39 Million Pound Build for Children in Need
- Part time operator Duration: 00:33 Million Pound Build for Children in Need
- Light of touch Duration: 00:49 Series 24, The Big Build - Halifax
- Billy's in charge Duration: 00:44 Series 24, The Big Build - Halifax
- Ice cream treat Duration: 00:58 Series 24, The Big Build - Halifax
Contact usFrom applying to be on the show to queries about products featured on DIY SOS. You'll find everything you need here.
Get in touch
A word about asbestos
Asbestos is the single greatest cause of work related deaths in the UK. On average 20 tradesmen die per week from asbestos related illness.
Asbestos was used extensively as a building material for a number of years, notably from the late 1940s to the 1980s. Any buildings made before 2000, either commercial or residential can contain asbestos.
DIY SOS and the BBC take the danger of asbestos very seriously. Prior to the arrival of Nick and the team we conduct a complete and comprehensive asbestos survey of the site. This is undertaken by an approved BBC supplier who is fully compliant with all the necessary regulations covering asbestos.
Once we have the report we then organise for all the asbestos to be removed prior to any work taking place. Again the asbestos removal is done by an established and fully licensed asbestos removal company.
Anyone about to embark on DIY project of their own and concerned about the danger of asbestos should look at the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website for advice or consult with a fully licensed asbestos removal company.
Meet the team