Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions for River City votes.
Terms and Conditions
1. From time to time River City will ask you to give your opinions on various topics by way of an online vote. Viewers can take part only by accessing the River City homepage at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006p2xl
Viewers will find a question and a list of several alternative answers. Viewers can register their vote by electronically ticking the box beside the answer they wish to vote for.
2. Viewers cannot vote by any other method. Viewers can vote only once. Results will be made public on the River City website.
3. The open and close times and dates will be made public online. Any votes registered outside the announced voting times and dates will not count.
4. This is not a competition and there will be no prize.
5. The BBC reserves the right to disqualify entries or suspend voting if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting. The BBC has the right to substitute an alternative selection method at its absolute discretion.
6. If, for any reason, the online voting system fails, the vote may be suspended or a contingency plan may be actioned.
7. The BBC reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend the vote at any time.
8. The BBC cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction, or any other problem with any online system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered and recorded.
9. Please note that any BBC staff member or anyone who is directly connected in any way with the production of the programme is not eligible participate in the vote.
10. The voting is this programme accords with the BBC’s Code of Conduct for Voting.
12. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Scotland.