BBC Lifeline Appeal Text Donations
Terms & Conditions
1. You can donate to this month's Lifeline Appeal charity ("the Charity") by texting the keyword published to 70121. Your support will result in a £10 donation to the Charity for each text message that you send. Please note that in addition to the £10 donation, you will incur your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). Please note that you can only donate from a UK mobile and cannot use this service from a Channel Islands or Isle of Man mobile. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile abroad, you may incur additional network charges.
2. The mobile network operators below have waived their charges in order to allow the full £10 cost of the reply message (described below) to go entirely to the Charity:
- Virgin Mobile
In addition, HM Treasury have confirmed that no VAT should be charged on these donations.
3. Each month Lifeline makes an appeal on behalf of a different charity and a different keyword will be published each month, specific to that charity. The dates and times between which you can make a donation to the Charity will be published on its specific Lifeline webpage. Please be aware that if you text the short code with this keyword outside of that charity's month you will be charged your standard message rate, you may receive a reply message and if so, you will have been charged £10.
4. Please ensure you spell the keyword carefully and send your text message to the correct short code, 70121.
5. If your keyword and short code are valid, and your text message is received within the promotion period for that charity, you will be charged £10 via a reply message - with the exception of Vodafone customers, who will be charged directly via their bill. It may take some time for you to receive a bounce-back message. Please wait until you receive it. Any repeat texts will result in repeat donations. You can donate up to 3 times (£30) to the Charity. Any messages sent within the published donation period for the Charity that exceed the £30 limit will be charged at your standard network rate only and will not result in a further £10 donation.
6. If your keyword or short code are invalid, or your text message is received outside the published times and dates, you may not receive a reply but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be charged the £10 donation as you will not be donating to the Charity.
7. All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to send a text donation to us.
8. If you would like to contribute more to the Charity, you can find other ways to donate through the Lifeline website. On the website you'll also find details of other ways of getting involved, more about the work of the Charity, past appeals made by Lifeline and BBC Charity Appeals. All donations to the Charity, including the donation from the £10 text message, are non-refundable.
9. The Charity, the BBC, IMI Mobile, and their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost or not properly received.
10. The SMS service is provided by IMI Mobile. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact IMI Mobile at the following address: 1 Cliveden Office Village, Lancaster Road, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 3YZ; or on the following Helpline Number: 01494 750 500 (standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles will apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider's call package).
11. The Charity is registered and further information for each charity selected can be found on the Lifeline homepage.