Siberian-born Pasha specialises in Ballroom and Latin dance.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|Dance Partner||Rachel Riley|
Since joining the show two years ago in Series 9, Pasha has twice made it to the Strictly final. He danced with Kimberley Walsh and Chelsee Healey but, lost out to Louis Smith and Harry Judd, respectively.
Being able to bring that beautiful form of art into everyone's home is a dream come true!Pasha Kovalev
Pasha describes his teaching style as patience, patience, patience. His favourite dance performed on the show was the Rumba with Chelsee, or the Fusion dance with Kimberly which scored them the first 40 of last series.
This year Pasha has teamed up with Countdown Presenter Rachel Riley. Will their scores add up to a win?
Pasha started dancing when he was just eight years old after his mum took him to one of the biggest ballroom dancing competitions in his area. Dancing wasn't a career choice for Pasha in the beginning, but that changed when he realised that it was something he "can't live without".
Most of his achievements have come in America, where he has been a US National Latin Finalist, and an Ohio Star Ball Finalist. Until 2000 Pasha competed with Anya Garnis in the Amateur Latin Category in Russia, and in 2001 the couple moved to the US.
Pasha has taught all styles of Ballroom including International Standard, American Smooth and Rhythm, but his specialty is International Latin.
In 2007, Pasha was a finalist on the American version of “So You Think You Can Dance” and went on to choreograph dances in every season that has followed.
Apart from dancing, Pasha loves to read, watch good films, travel, sample great food and relax with computer games. He's even built his own computer!
His professional partner is former Strictly dancer, Katya Virshilas.
Pasha was a finalist on the American version of So You Think You Can Dance in 2003, as well as appearing on Burn the Floor on Broadway and in the West End.
- Rachel Riley and Pasha Kovalev American Smooth to 'I Put A Spell On You' Duration: 01:51 Series 11, Week 6
- Rachel Riley & Pasha Quickstep to 'Johnny Got A Boom Boom' Duration: 01:44 Series 11, Week 4
- Rachel and Pasha dance the Cha Cha to When Love Takes Over Duration: 01:40 Series 11, Week 3
- Rachel Riley & Pasha Salsa to 'Get Lucky' Duration: 01:38 Series 11, Week 2
- Rachel Riley and Pasha Kovalev Waltz to 'When I Need You' Duration: 01:41 Series 11, Week 1 - Show 2
- Aliona Vilani Left in Week 2
- Aljaž Skorjanec
- Anton du Beke LEFT IN WEEK 8
- Anya Garnis LEFT IN WEEK 12
- Artem Chigvintsev
- Brendan Cole
- Iveta Lukosiute LEFT IN WEEK 10
- James Jordan Left in Week 3
- Janette Manrara LEFT IN WEEK 4
- Karen Hauer LEFT IN WEEK 7
- Kevin Clifton
- Kristina Rihanoff LEFT IN WEEK 9
- Ola Jordan LEFT IN WEEK 11
- Pasha Kovalev LEFT IN WEEK 6
- Robin Windsor Left in Week 5