Find out how Michael scored each week
|Fact title||Fact data|
|Dance Partner||Natalie Lowe|
He’s been hitting ‘sixes’ all of his professional life, but Michael Vaughan will have to go for ‘10s’ if he wants to be a contender in this year’s Strictly Come Dancing.
I'm looking forward to having that buzz that I used to get when I played.Michael Vaughan
Michael is a retired cricketer who played for Yorkshire and England. He has captained the England team to 26 wins – a national record – including an historic Ashes win in 2005 which saw the side regain the trophy for the first time in 18 years. He made his international Test debut in 1999.
Michael was born in Manchester but moved to Sheffield when he was nine. His earliest memory of cricket was playing whilst his father captained a team based in Manchester.
Michael was also an avid footballer, although he stated that on taking up the sport professionally his “knees would never have lasted”.
In 1993, Michael made his professional cricket debut for Yorkshire County Cricket Club and soon after that he captained the England Under-19 side. Since then Michael has racked up 18 test centuries and championships at national and county level. Michael retired in 2009 and has since become a pundit and interviewer for BBC Sport, as well as a newspaper columnist.
Michael lives in Derbyshire with his wife, Nichol, and their three children, Tallula Grace, Matthew and Jemima.
- Michael and Natalie dance the Samba to ‘Tequila’ Duration: 01:41 Series 10, Week 9
- Michael and Natalie Tango to 'Bust Your Windows' Duration: 01:37 Series 10, Week 8
- Michael and Natalie dance the American Smooth to 'New York, New York' Duration: 01:55 Series 10, Week 7: Wembley - Dancing Through the Decades
- Michael and Natalie dance the Salsa to 'I Want You Back' Duration: 01:42 Series 10, Week 6
- Michael and Natalie dance the 'Foxtrot' to '(I Get The) Sweetest Feeling' Duration: 01:45 Series 10, Week 5
- Michael and Natalie dance the Quickstep to 'That Old Black Magic' Duration: 01:45 Series 10, Week 4
- Colin Salmon Left in Week 5
- Dani Harmer Left in the Grand Final
- Denise Van Outen Runner up
- Fern Britton Left in Week 6
- Jerry Hall Left in Week 3
- Johnny Ball Left in Week 2
- Kimberley Walsh Runner up
- Lisa Riley Left in Week 11
- Louis Smith Winner of 2012
- Michael Vaughan Left in Week 9
- Nicky Byrne Left in Week 10
- Richard Arnold Left Strictly in Week 7
- Sid Owen Left in Week 4
- Victoria Pendleton LEFT IN WEEK 8