Leave your comments for Natalie and Artem
Artem returns for his fourth series, and he's looking to regain the Strictly title.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|Dance Partner||Natalie Gumede|
Originally from Russia, dancing has taken Artem all over the world. He moved to America where he partnered Ballroom Champion Giselle Peacock, and he was also a finalist on the American television series So You Think You Can Dance.
The Paso is full of character, it's so theatrical and dramatic Artem Chigvintsev
Artem debuted in 2010 - and won with his partner Kara Tointon. The pair excelled together and gained very high scores from the judges, scoring 39/40 on three different occasions. Bruno stated they were "sensuous, romantic and always pushed to the limit."
Artem was very emotional after being crowned champion - all he could say was "you're amazing" to Kara. Early the next morning Kara was treated in A&E for the torn ligament damage she sustained during the final.
In 2011 Artem suffered an injury forcing partner Holly Valance to temporily team-up with Brendan Cole in week seven, however in the same series he also gained a place in the Guinness Book of Records, taking part in an 'It Takes Two' challenge for the most botofogo steps in 30 seconds; he managed 79 - a new world record!
Last year Artem was partnered with TV Presenter Fern Britton, who waltzed him through to week six.
This series he's teamed up with Coronation Street actress Natalie Gumede, and they've got their eyes on the prize!
Artem's parents took him to dance classes from a young age. His mother loved dancing and wanted Artem to be involved with something that would keep him from hanging around on the streets. He happily went along and loved every minute of it. It was when he started to win Russian dance competitions that he thought he might be good enough to make a career of dancing.
He moved away from home at the age of 15 to seek training in Germany. "Dancing has taken me all over... I have trained in England, Italy, Germany and many more countries."
As well as dancing, he has been cast in various acting roles, including playing the victim of one of the Cougars in US teen soap The O.C.
Most recently, Artem performed as part of a major dance show on a worldwide tour, which gave him the opportunity to perform on Broadway as well as in the West End.
He also acted as one of the choreographers on the British second series of So You Think You Can Dance.
Artem is currently dating his partner from Strictly 2010, Kara Tointon.
Artem is obsessed with cars. He loves motorsports and is a massive fan of Formula One.
He recently bought a Harley Davidson which he keeps in LA and is now a huge fan of riding.
He is also courteous and polite - he apologised to It Takes Two viewers for slouching on a previous show.
Artem has two very mischievous cats that he loves spending time with.
- Natalie Gumede and Atem Argentine Tango to 'Montserrat' Duration: 01:44 Series 11, Week 12
- Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev Salsa to 'Wanna Be Startin' Something' Duration: 01:44 Series 11, Week 12
- Natalie Gumede and Artem dance the Paso Doble to 'El Gato Montes' Duration: 01:34 Series 11, Week 11
- Natalie Gumede & Artem American Smooth to 'And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going' Duration: 01:43 Series 11, Week 10
- Natalie Gumede & Artem dance the Tango to 'Where Have You Been' Duration: 01:42 Series 11, Week 9
- Natalie Gumede & Artem dance the Charleston to 'Bang Bang' Duration: 01:55 Series 11, Week 8
- Aliona Vilani Left in Week 2
- Aljaž Skorjanec
- Anton du Beke LEFT IN WEEK 8
- Anya Garnis LEFT IN WEEK 12
- Artem Chigvintsev
- Brendan Cole
- Iveta Lukosiute LEFT IN WEEK 10
- James Jordan Left in Week 3
- Janette Manrara LEFT IN WEEK 4
- Karen Hauer LEFT IN WEEK 7
- Kevin Clifton
- Kristina Rihanoff LEFT IN WEEK 9
- Ola Jordan LEFT IN WEEK 11
- Pasha Kovalev LEFT IN WEEK 6
- Robin Windsor Left in Week 5