Find out more about Roxy's Walford connections and play quizzes and games in our family tree.
Life's never boring when Roxy's around. She's impulsive, flirtatious and can smell an opportunity for mischief from ten paces.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|First appearance:||24th July 2007|
|Address:||55 Victoria Road|
|Occupation:||Former manager and landlady of The Queen Vic|
Being a Mitchell, Roxy's not afraid to speak her mind and when she sees something she wants, nothing will stop her… not even if the object of her affections is her sister's man, Jack Branning - with whom she had a baby.
Oh come on, just one more drink!Roxy Mitchell
- Distinguishing features: Tattoo on upper right arm
- Hobbies: Clubbing
- Criminal record: Arrested but let off with a warning after public row with sister Ronnie
- Dislikes: Wedding cake as it's too rich
- Favourite films: Pretty Woman
Roxy's flirtations with cocaine, whilst she was with hubby Sean Slater, are a distant memory. But, of course, her life remains complicated. She's even managed to inherit and lose millions in true Mitchell style, after her dad died.
With a young daughter, Amy, Roxy's got responsibilities now. It's not just about fun and games with best pal Christian anymore... especially now that he's gone off with Syed, and her partner in crime, sister Ronnie, is behind bars.
Roxy has always been looking for Mr Right, and it seems that Alfie is preparing himself to step into that role after the breakdown of his marriage with Kat. Alfie's popped the question, but is it too soon for this new couple?
The arrival of Ronnie back on The Square has proved to be quite a test for Roxy and Alfie. Roxy failed to meet her sister from the prison gates in a bid to keep the peace with Alfie... and although she seemed overjoyed to see her sister again, when Alfie realised a meeting had taken place, he forced an ultimatum on Roxy: him or her sister. Roxy chose Alfie, but continues to see Ronnie behind his back. With their wedding coming up it’s a risky game, and both her and Ronnie know it. So when Alfie found out and threatened to leave, Roxy couldn’t let anything come between her and the man she loved. She fled with Alfie, leaving Walford and her sister behind.
When she arrived back on the Square, Roxy made sure changes were made. She encouraged Alfie to remove Kat from The Vic, she broke up with her sis, got a lecture from Kat and then reunited with her sis, and then ended the day with her fiancé finally inviting Ronnie to be part of the family. Phew, what a hectic first day back! Ronnie came round for dinner, but it wasn’t smooth sailing and Roxy had to give Alfie a push in the right direction. They soon all bonded over a friendly board game, however, as you do! Roxy even managed to get her way and convince Alfie that Ronnie should give her away. Has Rox finally managed to get the best of both worlds?
However, the union was shortlived as Ronnie made her feelings clear about the impending nuptials at Roxy's hen do; Alfie loved Kat and everyone could see it, apart from Roxy. A furious Roxy decided to axe her big sis from the wedding party and have Phil give her away instead. But it seemed that Ronnie was right all along, moments after they had signed their name on the dotted line, Alfie confessed his confused feelings for his ex-missus. As much as she loved Alfie, Roxy had to let him go and face another failed marriage - if you can call it that after only being married for mere minutes. Fortunately Ronnie was by her side in the aftermath, but will Roxy ever get over the heartbreak and humiliation?
Roxy soon got sick of everyone’s sympathy and her family trying to control her life, so she ended up in the unlikely arms of Carl. Needless to say big sis Ronnie didn’t take to kindly to the news, but Roxy didn’t care – it was her life to live - everyone else could like it or lump it!
- Rita has previously appeared in Mile High and Dream Team.
- She met Samantha Womack (Ronnie) for the first time at their auditions and they instantly bonded: "We just spark off each other so well."
- Rita's a massive EastEnders fan: "I’ve always watched it and it has always been my dream job. I walk around now touching wood because I can't believe I’m here."
- She loves playing Roxy: "She’s fun and for all her faults, she’s warm. She’s quirky and amusing and not all that bright all the time."
- She's won countless awards for playing Roxy, including Best Newcomer at the Inside Soap Awards 2008 and Most Popular Newcomer at the National Television Awards 2008.
- She has twin daughters, Jaimee and Maiya. She made a BBC One documentary about daughter Maiya's hearing problems in 2012.
- Rita's uncle is Lord Sugar.
Follow Rita on twitter: @OfficialRita