Find out more about Poppy's Walford connections and play quizzes and games in our family tree.
Poppy may come across as... how shall we say... a little bit 'uncomplicated'. But she isn't necessarily the pushover that she seems.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|First appearance:||11th January 2011|
|Address:||25 Albert Square|
|Occupation:||Beautician at 'Beauty'|
But don't be fooled into thinking she's a pushover. This soft-hearted girl has courage. She won’t tolerate liars and will stand up to bullies if she needs to.
That is sooo lovely!Poppy Meadow
- Nicknames: Popiscle (Called this by her mother)/Pops
- Hobbies: Trampolining
- Likes: Drinking vodka and cranberry and sexy men
- Pets: Two cats at her mother's
- Favourite band: Blue
Everything's just so 'lovely' in Poppy's little world where nothing bad happens and if it does she'll find a way to flip it around. Nothing is more important than friends and family to her, they're the centre of her world.
The best thing about Poppy? How she brings out the best in everyone. With the exception of Shirley Carter. We'd advise Pops to tone down her sunshine and lollipops demeanour when surly Shirley is around...
Poppy packed her bags and moved back to her mum's in Essex when she discovered that best mate Jodie'd kissed her boyfriend Anthony. But the lure of Walford was too great and she came back to spread sunshine in Albert Square again, bagging herself a new boyfriend, Fatboy, in the process.
Saving up for a place together, Fatboy and Poppy seemed like the perfect couple… until Poppy began to suspect that he was cheating on her. Certain that he was unfaithful, Poppy’s distress caused her to lose her job at Beauty and she was on her way out of Walford when, luckily, she found out the truth (that Fatboy had been doing secret extra work at McKlunky’s to help them save up!) Now reinstated at Beauty, it looks like things are back on track for Poppy.
As they continued to save for their dream pad together, Poppy found a seemingly perfect new build not far from her parents, outside London. Poppy ignored Fatboy’s reservations about her idealistic views for their future in the suburbs and he eventually exploded. He told Poppy that doesn’t want any of that and shocked, Poppy ran off in tears. Fatboy rushed after her but Poppy ended their relationship leaving Fatboy stunned.
- Rachel has appeared in several theatrical roles, starring in Never Saw the Day, Hello Again and Head-Rot Holiday.
- Rachel has as been in films Silly Billy, Just Say Something and American Dream.
Follow Rachel on twitter: @Rach_Bright
- Carl White Played by Daniel Coonan
- Danny Pennant Played by Gary Lucy
- David Wicks Played by Michael French
- Dennis Rickman Jnr Play by Harry Hickles
- Fatboy Played by Ricky Norwood
- Jake Stone Played by Jamie Lomas
- Jay Brown Played by Jamie Borthwick
- Linda Carter Played by Kellie Bright
- Patrick Trueman Played by Rudolph Walker
- Poppy Meadow Played by Rachel Bright
- Sadie Young Played by Kate Magowan
- Sharon Rickman Played by Letitia Dean
- Shirley Carter Played by Linda Henry
- Terry Spraggan Played by Terry Alderton
- Tina Carter Played by Luisa Bradshaw-White