Find out more about Masood's Walford connections and play quizzes and games in our family tree.
The Alpha 'mail' of the Masood family, good-natured postman Masood spends much of his time smoothing over the problems in his family.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|First appearance:||16th October 2007|
|Address:||41 Albert Square|
As well as his postal duties, Masood used to co-run Masala Masood, and was coaxed into buying the Argee Bhajee, which he promptly handed over to Tamwar. In spite of, or often because of their business ventures, the Masood family frequently seem to be in debt. And even though his intentions are usually good, Masood often makes financial matters worse. The family business came to a head when the bailiff’s arrived at Christian & Syed’s wedding, repossessing the Argee Bhajeee.
Calm down, Zee, let's talk about this...Masood Ahmed
- Personal habits: Gambling, Chews nails
- Favourite food: Chooza Palak, cheese and onion crisps
- Favourite drink: Orange juice with lemonade
- Hobbies: Cinema
- Dislikes: Rugby
The Masoods have had their fair share of drama while they've been on the Square. Masood may stamp his foot now and then, but with a wife like Zainab, life was mostly a peace-keeping mission.
The entire family nearly burst at the seams as they struggled to deal with son Syed's homosexuality with Masood and Zainab later splitting. Masood then got together with his best mate, Jane Beale, and Zainab took up with the villainous Yusef who met his end after a heated battle with Masood in the fire at the B&B.
Shortly after, Masood and Zainab got back together, but their relationship wasn’t all plain sailing! Having the young and beautiful Ayesha in his house made Masood question his life, and he realised he was no longer happy jumping to Zainab's every command, deciding to end their relationship.
Zainab took son Kamil and left The Square. It didn’t take long for Masood to receive more female attention however. Within mere weeks of Zainab’s departure, he was setting up a date with Carol Jackson only for it to be interrupted by the arrival of Ayesha. While Masood was flattered, and tempted to run away with Ayesha, he realised that his family needed him at home. Now he has decied to give it another go with Carol... hopefully this time it will last longer than one date!
- Nitin was born in Kenya and came over to the UK when he was four years old.
- He studied Drama, Film and Television at Bristol University.
- Nitin is perhaps best known for playing Prince Pondicherry in the Tim Burton film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- He also appeared in the Gurinder Chada film Bride and Prejudice as Mr Kholi.
- Recently, Nitin worked with Richard Gere on a film called The Hunting Party.
- He featured alongside former East Ender Pooja Shah in BBC Asian Network's daily soap Silver Street.
- His many TV appearances have included stints in Jane Hall, Holby City, The Bill, Being April and Rescue Me.
- At the British Soap Awards 2009, Nitin and his co-star Nina Wadia won the award for Best On Screen Partnership.