Find out more about Lauren's Walford connections and play quizzes and games in our family tree.
Lauren's a ball of emotions, complications and attitudes. She thinks she's a total, straightforward, say-it-how-I-see-it kind of girl.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|First appearance:||3rd July 2006|
|Address:||5 Albert Square|
|Occupation:||College student studying Media|
Strangers and acquaintances see a bolshy, argumentative, party girl. Her best mate Whit gets her more than most, but even she thinks that Lauren's lived a charmed life.
I'm normal. It's everyone else who's annoyingLauren Branning
- Talents: Lauren excels in Art
- Criminal record: Lauren was given a two year suspended sentence (2009-2011) for GBH for running over her dad
- Likes: Drinking, going out and being sarcastic!
- Dislikes: Sports and Harry Potter
- Personal style: Emo
But life hasn't been easy for Lauren. She's seen her parents split, get back together, argue, cheat, and split again as many times as you've had cold breakfasts. She took the full emotional toll of her mum's cancer, without the support of anyone else. Since then, Lauren's drinking has become a problem.
Peel back the facade, and you find a kind, patient, forgiving, loyal girl who just wants to love and be loved. It appeared that she found that love with her cousin, Joey... until he cruelly dumped Lauren, seemingly without reason. Little did Lauren know that Derek had pushed Joey to finish things with her, and had blackmailed her mum Tanya into making Joey leave Walford. When she learnt the truth on Christmas Eve, a drunk Lauren decided to take her revenge on her mum by ripping up her wedding dress and trashing her wedding preperations!
Lauren's dad Max seemed to take pity on Lauren after hearing of her turmoil, forgiving her for her drunken outbursts, and even giving his blessing to Joey and Lauren's relationship... but just as things seemed to be getting back to normal Derek died of a heart attack and Joey ran away from Lauren again! Things seemed back on track for the controversial couple, but Lauren’s drinking started to take its toll... after yet another drunken display, Joey decided that he has had enough, and left Lauren.
Whitney took pity on Lauren and let her have her job at Ian's new restaurant in order to give Lauren a much needed self esteem boost. How did Luaren re-pay this kind gesture? By throwing herself at Whitney's boyfriend Tyler in order to try and make Joey jealous! Understandably, Whitney took her job back from Lauren, which leaves her with no friends, no boyfriend, and no job prospects... can things get any worse?
- This is Jac's first role since coming out of the D&B Theatre School in Bromley.
- Jacqueline won the Best Newcomer award at the 2012 National Television Awards.
- Lauren Branning character trail Duration: 00:55
- EastEnders - Happy 18th Lauren? Duration: 04:15
- On set with... Jacqueline Jossa Duration: 04:31 02/09/2011
- EastEnders - Lauren's Video Diary - Tyler and Lauren... Duration: 02:10 01/11/2011
- EastEnders - Lauren's Video Diaries Series 3.1 Duration: 03:55 20/10/2011
- Abi Branning Played by Lorna Fitzgerald
- Alice Branning Played by Jasmyn Banks
- Carol Jackson Played by Lindsey Coulson
- Cora Cross Played by Ann Mitchell
- Dot Branning Played by June Brown
- Jack Branning Played by Scott Maslen
- Joey Branning Played by David Witts
- Kirsty Branning Played by Kierston Wareing
- Lauren Branning Played by Jacqueline Jossa
- Max Branning Played by Jake Wood
- Tanya Cross Played by Jo Joyner