Find out more about Kate's Walford connections and play quizzes and games in our family tree.
Police constable Kate Morton (Tyler) bagged herself a bad boy in more ways than one when she went undercover to set up Phil Mitchell in a honeytrap.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|First appearance:||24th December 2002|
|Last appearance:||7th January 2005|
Phil remained in blissful ignorance, and assumed that it was natural and normal for a beautiful intelligent woman like Kate to fall for his warm, caring persona. Don't laugh – it could happen. Phil, however, discovered that Kate was a copper and was all set to throw her out, until Kate revealed that she wanted him, not the job.
You've got lovely hands.Kate Mitchell
True to form, Phil reacted to this declaration in good East End style by smashing a bottle and threatening Kate. Instead of pressing charges, she declared her undying love for him. They married, but the happiness didn't last and the marriage soon turned sour.
Kate began to look elsewhere and began an affair with Den Watts (she'd already slept with Dennis, and had to collect the set). Feisty crimper Chrissie found out and hacked her love rival's hair off, leaving Kate no choice but to leave Walford for the force in Brighton. Well, the helmet would cover up her new do, at the very least...
Played by Jill Halfpenny
- Adam Best Played by David Proud
- Afia Masood Played by Meryl Fernandes
- Al Jenkins Played by Adam Croasdell
- Amanda Best Played by Josie Lawrence
- Amira Masood Played by Preeya Kalidas
- Andrew Cotton Played by Ricky Grover
- Angie Watts Played by Anita Dobson
- Anthony Moon Played by Matt Lapinskas
- Anthony Trueman Played by Nick Bailey
- Archie Mitchell Played by Larry Lamb
- Arthur Fowler Played by Bill Treacher
- Ayesha Rana Played by Shivani Ghai
- Barry Evans Played by Shaun Williamson
- Ben Mitchell Played by Joshua Pascoe
- Beppe Di Marco Played by Michael Greco
- Billie Jackson Played by Devon Anderson
- Bradley Branning Played by Charlie Clements
- Carly Wicks Played by Kellie Shirley