Find out more about Jim's Walford connections and play quizzes and games in our family tree.
Jim Branning could be lazy, tight and selfish, but underneath all that he had a heart of gold, as Dot found out.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|First appearance:||29th April 1996|
|Last appearance:||26th May 2011|
Before suffering a stroke in 2007, Jim was a regular bar prop in the Vic and a keen gambler. You wouldn’t even trust him with your pint.
I bet you a fiver...Jim Branning
His fathering skills left a lot to be desired too, as locking your young son in a coffin overnight wouldn’t exactly win Father of the Year! Although, falling in love with Dot and marrying her in 2002 softened his heart.
He almost broke Dot’s heart in 2007 when he suffered a stroke. She feared that she wasn’t strong enough to look after him and wrestled with her feelings of guilt and frustration at her inability to stand by her man in his time of need. But love won out in the end.
Jim may be away, but Dot's visits to his nursing home are something for him to look forward to and he’s the man who keeps Dot standing when times are hard.
Played by John Bardon
- AJ (Amjad Jahangir) Ahmed Played by Phaldut Sharma
- Adam Best Played by David Proud
- Afia Masood Played by Meryl Fernandes
- Al Jenkins Played by Adam Croasdell
- Amanda Best Played by Josie Lawrence
- Amira Masood Played by Preeya Kalidas
- Andrew Cotton Played by Ricky Grover
- Angie Watts Played by Anita Dobson
- Anthony Moon Played by Matt Lapinskas
- Anthony Trueman Played by Nick Bailey
- Archie Mitchell Played by Larry Lamb
- Arthur Fowler Played by Bill Treacher
- Ava Hartman Played by Clare Perkins
- Ayesha Rana Played by Shivani Ghai
- Barry Evans Played by Shaun Williamson
- Ben Mitchell Played by Joshua Pascoe
- Beppe Di Marco Played by Michael Greco
- Billie Jackson Played by Devon Anderson