Find out more about Jay's Walford connections and play quizzes and games in our family tree.
You know you've lived a hard life when being part of the Mitchell family brings you stability. But that's been Jay's experience. He was a loose canon until he found a family and the love of a good woman...
|Fact title||Fact data|
|First appearance:||14th December 2006|
|Address:||18-20 Albert Square (Kim's Palace)|
Street-smart Jay was hit hard by the death of his dad, Jase. Left to fend for himself, he resorted to a life of petty crime and anti-social behaviour. Without some help, Jay seemed destined to end up in prison.
Got a problem?Jay Mitchell
- Names: Used to be called Jay Brown
- Vices: Used to smoke when he was younger
- Education: Quit Walford High School on his sixteenth birthday
- Hobbies: Boxing
- Dislikes: Vegetables
But beneath the street-smart front, there beats a good heart. Abi Branning could see the good in Jay, and their relationship transformed him. Add to this his joining the Mitchell fold, and the Jay we see today is very different from the one who once mugged Lucy Beale or got stabbed by gang members.
Jay might have changed but he hasn't gone soft. He can hold himself in a fight and he's afraid of nobody - that's why he fits in so well with the Mitchells. But after the tragic night in March 2012, when Jay witnessed Ben kill Heather, Jay's life began to fall apart. Suddenly his association began to look like a curse, instead of a blessing.
But Jay still has best mate Lola and girlfriend Abi by his side, so things aren't all bad!
- Jamie's favourite EastEnders character is Phil Mitchell. He says, "He's the one that really stands out for me. The Mitchells are great."
- Jamie's a West Ham fan, like castmate Perry Fenwick (Billy).
- He enjoys watching boxing.
- Jamie appeared alongside Shane Richie in the TV show Celebrate Oliver!