Find out more about Jamie's Walford connections and play quizzes and games in our family tree.
With his floppy, David Beckham styled locks and chiselled teenage vulnerability, Jamie was the Square's ultimate bit of cockney totty in the late nineties.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|First appeared:||9th November 1998|
|Last appeared:||25th December 2002 (Deceased)|
Jamie existed largely as someone that Billy and Godfather Phil could vent their frustrations on, and as a stud for the local Walford girls, including Janine - who he lost his virginity to! There were plenty of others too - Zoe, Nicky Di Marco and Belinda Slater.
Because I'm a Mitchell. right?Jamie Mitchell
But he was destined to be Sonia's Romeo, of course - giving hope to millions of unlikely trumpet-wielding Juliets across the land. However, just when things were going well, he fell victim to Martin Fowler's terrible driving, dying tragically with Sonia by his hospital bedside.
And so Jamie remains forever young, forever blond, forever beautiful.
Played by Jack Ryder
- AJ (Amjad Jahangir) Ahmed Played by Phaldut Sharma
- Adam Best Played by David Proud
- Afia Masood Played by Meryl Fernandes
- Al Jenkins Played by Adam Croasdell
- Alice Branning Played by Jasmyn Banks
- Amanda Best Played by Josie Lawrence
- Amira Masood Played by Preeya Kalidas
- Andrew Cotton Played by Ricky Grover
- Angie Watts Played by Anita Dobson
- Anthony Moon Played by Matt Lapinskas
- Anthony Trueman Played by Nick Bailey
- Archie Mitchell Played by Larry Lamb
- Arthur Fowler Played by Bill Treacher
- Ava Hartman Played by Clare Perkins
- Ayesha Rana Played by Shivani Ghai
- Barry Evans Played by Shaun Williamson
- Ben Mitchell Played by Joshua Pascoe
- Beppe Di Marco Played by Michael Greco