Find out more about Dr Legg's Walford connections and play quizzes and games in our family tree.
In his 12 years as Albert Square's resident GP, Dr Legg saw more than his fair share of suicides, breakdowns, abortions and murders. How did he sleep at night?
|Fact title||Fact data|
|First appearance:||19th February 1985|
|Last appearance:||8th June 2007|
In this sleepy corner of Walford, there isn't much call for a doctor's services - just the odd sprained wrist... maybe a sick note or two. Only kidding. In his years of service as Albert Square's resident GP, Dr Legg saw more than his fair share of suicides, breakdowns, abortions and murders.
What can I do for you, Dot?Dr Harold Legg
He was widely trusted within the community to give out sound advice and to comfort, reassure and keep secrets. How he slept at night with all of those confidences floating around his head, we'll never know.
Humouring hypochondriac Dot's various ailments and helping Mark Fowler come to terms with his HIV was all in a days work for the dutiful doctor. However, he made mistakes too - failing to diagnose Vicki Fowler's meningitis and deciding not to tell Colin Russell of his multiple sclerosis.
He finally hung up his stethoscope to be replaced by dishy Dr Fred Fonseca, but returned to the Square for various funerals, and most recently to provide support for Dot in 2007.
Played by Leonard Fenton
- Adam Best Played by David Proud
- Afia Masood Played by Meryl Fernandes
- Al Jenkins Played by Adam Croasdell
- Amanda Best Played by Josie Lawrence
- Amira Masood Played by Preeya Kalidas
- Andrew Cotton Played by Ricky Grover
- Angie Watts Played by Anita Dobson
- Anthony Moon Played by Matt Lapinskas
- Anthony Trueman Played by Nick Bailey
- Archie Mitchell Played by Larry Lamb
- Arthur Fowler Played by Bill Treacher
- Ayesha Rana Played by Shivani Ghai
- Barry Evans Played by Shaun Williamson
- Ben Mitchell Played by Joshua Pascoe
- Beppe Di Marco Played by Michael Greco
- Billie Jackson Played by Devon Anderson
- Bradley Branning Played by Charlie Clements
- Carly Wicks Played by Kellie Shirley