Find out more about Gus's Walford connections and play quizzes and games in our family tree.
Gus was a sweet guy with a heart of gold. He was the bard of Bridge Street, keeping everyone entertained with his lyrical skills.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|First appearance:||28th May 2002|
|Last appearance:||1st May 2008|
|Occupation:||Market maintenance officer|
It's a shame Gus's love life wasn't as successful as his poems. The only person who really loved him was Wellard!
Leave it out!Gus Smith
Wellard and Gus have been through the mill together. They even survived a life-or-death situation when they rescued Zoe Slater after a Scottish adventure turned to terror when their coach crashed.
His troublesome brother Juley often tried to lead him astray but Gus was always quick to know right from wrong. After a failed romance with Sonia, the gentle poet endured another doomed partnership when he shared a flat with deranged psycho Sean Slater.
You know that your flat-share isn't working out when you suspect your room-mate of using your dog to make the meat filling in your spag bol.
Gus got his revenge on Sean and waved goodbye to the Square to go on tour with new girlfriend Keisha. Whether she's keeping him inspired, we do not know. Keep your eye on the poetry shelves of your local bookshop for 'I'm Just a Sausage, Vol. 1' by Gus Smith.
Played by Mohammed George
- AJ (Amjad Jahangir) Ahmed Played by Phaldut Sharma
- Adam Best Played by David Proud
- Afia Masood Played by Meryl Fernandes
- Al Jenkins Played by Adam Croasdell
- Alice Branning Played by Jasmyn Banks
- Amanda Best Played by Josie Lawrence
- Amira Masood Played by Preeya Kalidas
- Andrew Cotton Played by Ricky Grover
- Angie Watts Played by Anita Dobson
- Anthony Moon Played by Matt Lapinskas
- Anthony Trueman Played by Nick Bailey
- Archie Mitchell Played by Larry Lamb
- Arthur Fowler Played by Bill Treacher
- Ava Hartman Played by Clare Perkins
- Ayesha Rana Played by Shivani Ghai
- Barry Evans Played by Shaun Williamson
- Ben Mitchell Played by Joshua Pascoe
- Beppe Di Marco Played by Michael Greco