Find out more about Cora's Walford connections and play quizzes and games in our family tree.
Everything about Cora is big - big atttitude, big bling, big hair. A great port in a storm, she's the go-to girl for say-it-as-I-see-it advice. If you fancy a big night out, she's your woman too.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|First appearance:||11th April 2011|
|Address:||5 Albert Square|
|Occupation:||Assistant at laundrette|
Cora likes the high life. She likes to get out, have a drink and a sing-song, tell a few stories - and maybe dole out a few home truths when someone needs taking down a peg or two.
I have nothing to apologise for.Cora Cross
- Likes: Drinking most alcohol, including sambuca!
- Dislikes: Bible bashing and bank holidays
- Weaknesses: Isn't good at cooking but is good with eggs!
- Favourite TV programme: Diagnosis Murder
- Previous homes: Evicted from her flat in 2011 for her ASBO behaviour
But though Cora likes to cut people down to size, she has been less than exemplary in her own life. Failing to cope with her beloved husband William's death, she left daughter Tanya to care for him, and see out his final moments.
Ever since, Tanya and Cora's relationship has been strained. But now Cora's dedicated to making amends with Tanya and building a relationship with her grandchildren - Lauren, Abi and Oscar.
Although relationship-building generally comes second to sticking her beak in where it's not wanted and offering unwanted advice, she is fiercely defensive of her family and only wants the best for them. If a fight breaks out, this is a lady you want on your side.
But a recent revelation seems to have put a halt to the family coming together. Tanya found out that Cora had given up a daughter, Ava, for adoption when she was younger. Wanting to find out more about her long lost sister, Tanya brought Ava to The Square, forcing Cora to face up to her decisions.
- Ann is an award-winning actress, who has worked in theatre, television, film and radio.
- As the character Dolly Rawlins, she headlined the iconic and critically-acclaimed series Widows 1, Widows 2 and She's Out. 'She's Out' won her the Pye Award for Female To Make The Greatest Impact On Television.
- Ann's many TV appearances include The Bill, Casualty, Gimme Gimme Gimme, where the role of "Miss Twitch" was created specifically for her, Upstairs Downstairs, Within These Walls, Heartbeat, The Detectives, Taggart, and Z Cars.
- Ann is also a classical theatre actress, who has appeared in many of the great female roles, including Mother Courage, Mary Stuart and Mrs Warren's Profession. She has had plays, such as Summit Conference and Guinevere, written specifically for her.
- In 2004 Ann was nominated for both a Laurence Olivier Award and an Evening Standard Award for Best Actress in Through The Leaves.
- Abi Branning Played by Lorna Fitzgerald
- Alice Branning Played by Jasmyn Banks
- Carol Jackson Played by Lindsey Coulson
- Cora Cross Played by Ann Mitchell
- Dot Branning Played by June Brown
- Jack Branning Played by Scott Maslen
- Joey Branning Played by David Witts
- Kirsty Branning Played by Kierston Wareing
- Lauren Branning Played by Jacqueline Jossa
- Max Branning Played by Jake Wood
- Tanya Cross Played by Jo Joyner