Find out more about Carol's Walford connections and play quizzes and games in our family tree.
Carol’s fiercely protective of her problematic brood, but that doesn't mean she takes it easy on them. Though kind and warm-hearted, Carol is Bianca’s mother, and is similarly quick-tempered, overbearing and always right. Or at least that’s what she thinks…
|Fact title||Fact data|
|First appearance:||16th November 1993|
|Address:||31 Albert Square|
|Occupation:||Cindy's Café Assistant’|
Some might say that her family's wayward natures were caused by, and not in spite of, the constant nagging and brow beating they got from their mouthy mum and gran. We couldn't possibly comment...
Don't you dare hurt me or my family.Carol Jackson
- Likes: Hot curry
- Dislikes: Food with bits in
- Music tastes: Indie
- Favourite colour: Yellow
- Weaknesses: A rotten cook (according to late son Billie). She also claims to have a horrible singing voice
Carol desperately wants her family to succeed in life, as she never did. If you can turn down the volume to hear the words she hollers, she actually talks a lot of sense. It's just a shame she often gets peoples back up before they have the chance to realise it...
In relationships, Carol tends to stick to the same behavioural patterns. Eddie Moon grew tired of aggro with her and had it off with Vanessa instead. David Wicks was the love of her life, but was seen off by Carol's late overprotective brother, Derek. But will Carol’s love-life take a turn for best or worst after taking a shine to Masood?
When daughter Bianca ended up back in prison after breaking her probation, Carol moved with Morgan, Tiff and later Liam to Suffolk to be closer to her. When Bianca got out and returned to The Square, Liam took on the role of Butcher trouble maker when he got heavily involved with a gang. The family rallied together and got Liam out of harms way... but after all that stress, Carol decied she needed to have a good time! A romance with Bianca's probation officer was cut short after she realised she was putting Bianca in an awkward position... so now she's decied to try her luck with the newly single Masood!
- Lindsey was a hairdresser before she turned her talents to acting.
- The part of Carol Jackson was her first big TV break. She stepped onto the set of EastEnders in 1993, left in 1997 then returned in 1999 to take part in a big storyline that led to Bianca's departure.
- After taking leave of Walford, Lindsey appeared in a host of top TV dramas, including Clocking Off, Judge John Deed, Dalziel and Pascoe and Where The Heart Is. She also appeared in Jimmy McGovern's poignant and beautifully penned The Street.
- Lindsey succumbed to the lure of Walford once more in 2010, when she returned to the Square for Bianca's wedding.
- Abi Branning Played by Lorna Fitzgerald
- Alice Branning Played by Jasmyn Banks
- Carol Jackson Played by Lindsey Coulson
- Cora Cross Played by Ann Mitchell
- Dot Branning Played by June Brown
- Jack Branning Played by Scott Maslen
- Joey Branning Played by David Witts
- Kirsty Branning Played by Kierston Wareing
- Lauren Branning Played by Jacqueline Jossa
- Max Branning Played by Jake Wood
- Tanya Cross Played by Jo Joyner