Find out more about Bianca's Walford connections and play quizzes and games in our family tree.
Famed for her big mouth, quick temper and 'unique' sense of style, Bianca Butcher is Walford's original girl next door. She doesn't mince her words and you don’t want to get on her wrong side!
|Fact title||Fact data|
|First appearance:||16th November 1993|
|Address:||31 Albert Square|
|Occupation:||Market stall holder|
Underneath Bianca's strong and fiery exterior, there’s a soft and vulnerable person who’s loyal to the end. You just have to dig beneath a few layers to find it…
- Likes: Chicken tikka
- Dislikes: Having the bedroom window left open when sleeping
- Usual drink: G&T
- Children: Tiffany, Morgan and Liam. Before Liam came along, Bianca aborted daughter Natasha in November 1997 due to health complications (spina bifida)
Like many of The Square's residents, Bianca has had her fair share of problems, including having her kids taken into care and finding out that boyfriend, Tony, had been abusing Whitney. Not to mention the marital problems...
In 2011, Bianca went to prison for assaulting Connor Stanley but returned home to her delighted family in time for Christmas. 'Normal' family life resumed, but this wasn’t to last long, as Bianca’s beloved Pat died and she discovered that her loving husband had cheated on her with Mandy Salter. The final straw was the revelation that Ricky and Mandy had a baby years ago, which he withheld from her. Bianca kicked him out – but not without tears!
Desperate for extra cash after Ricky's departure, Bianca took out high risk cash loans to keep her family life afloat and as normal as possible. But this wasn’t to be. Struggling to keep up with her payments, Bianca was caught stealing from the market, bringing about her downfall. Being on licence, Bianca was quickly back behind bars.
Out and back on The Square with her family, she was more determined than ever to turn her life around, but it seemed her time in prison affected her more than she was letting on. Behind her brave face, Bianca’s fears of going back inside meant she was terrified of putting even a little toe wrong, and was worried when the only probation officer she liked quit because of a romance with her mother Carol. But she struggled to keep up the golden girl act when her son, Liam, started to stray from his best behaviour himself... as the last thing Bianca wanted was Liam ending up behind bars too.
Bianca helped Liam do the right thing and leave gang life behind him... and even went so far as to tackle the gang leader, Kane, herself. And with Liam's safety in question, Bianca had to put her feelings aside and send Liam to live with his Dad for his own protection. Liam eventually returned to face his tormentors in court, and finally put to rest the months of hell for the Butcher household.
All Bianca had to do then was keep out of trouble... but Bianca being Bianca, she managed to set fire to and flood Ian’s restaurant. Luckily, Ian showed some rare leniency. Embarking on a man-hunt with fellow singleton, Kat, and with Liam back, it looked as if Bianca's life was just getting back to normal - until she left to complete a fashion course in Manchester.
When Bianca came back, she returned with a new man and his two kids in tow. The Butcher kids weren’t too pleased, especially as Terry and his kids moved in with them. But hot-headed Bianca was determined to make it work, as an even bigger family. However, after finding out that Terry always spends Christmas with his ex, Nikki, Bianca was left fuming at the prospect of her first new family Christmas being tainted.
Bianca tried her best not to let Nikki get to her on Christmas Day, but there is only so much a woman can take. So when Nikki accidentally poured gravy all over her, Bianca decided she wanted a Spraggan-free Christmas and threw them all out! Persuaded to give him another chance, however, Bianca managed to reconcile her relationship with Terry.
With the shock news that Carol has cancer, it's time for the Butcher family to pull together. How will Bianca come to terms with what lies ahead for Carol?
- Patsy enjoys dancing and has produced her own video to encourage people to dance themselves fit!
- In her spare time Patsy likes walking her dogs on the beach.
- She enjoys painting, working mostly in acrylics.
- Like a number of other East Enders, Patsy starred in Grange Hill as a child.
- She also appeared in an advert for spot cream!
- Another early role for Patsy was in a West End production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
- In the years since we last saw her in Walford, Patsy has appeared in the TV series McCready and Daughter, and Do or Die.
- She's toured with the one-woman musical Tell Me On A Sunday and took the lead role in Steppin' Out. She also performed in the play We Happy Few at the Gielgud Theatre.
- In 2005 Patsy took part in Strictly Come Dancing, raising money for Children in Need.