Find out more about Alfie's Walford connections and play quizzes and games in our family tree.
Cheeky cockney scamp Alfie Moon is a loveable rogue, with a, shall we say, unique dress sense (a cornucopia of blindingly colourful shirts, personalised West Ham tops and his trademark three-quarter length leather coat).
|Fact title||Fact data|
|First appearance:||21st November 2002|
|Address:||46 Albert Square (The Queen Vic)|
Though on paper he's a lying, cheating, bigamist with a criminal record, Alfie is one of the brightest and most-loved characters to ever hit the Square.
Would I lie to you?Alfie Moon
- Health issues: Infertility but has since become more fertile, although he still has a low sperm count
- Distinguishing features: Has an appendix scar on his body from 1978
- Likes: Cream and chocolate roll and comedy
- Football team: Supports West Ham
- Cars: Owns his beloved black Ford Capri
A true charmer, Alfie can talk his way in or out of any sticky situation. He even managed to win the heart of Albert Square's leading temptress, Kat Slater, and got a ring on her finger in a romantic Christmas Day ceremony... while failing to mention that he was already wed. Well you forget these things, don't you? Just like he forgot that you shouldn't date two sisters at the same time, when he started to see Little Mo while still with Kat...
Alfie and Kat left the Square to live the good life on the Continent, but Alfie couldn't abstain from trouble for long, ending up in a Spanish nick. Upon the cheeky-chappie's release the pair returned to the Square and became landlords of the Vic.
But life hasn't been all smiles since their return: Kat thought she'd lost her newborn baby, Tommy, only to discover that he was alive - Ronnie Branning had swapped him with her dead son, James.
While their marriage seemed to recover, it didn't take long for Kat's eye to wander. She had an affair with a mystery man. At first, Alfie forgave her. But when he found out it was Derek Branning? It was game over for Kat and Alfie.
Alfie sought comfort in his biggest admirer ‘Peroxide’ Roxy, and the two have decided to give it a go... While Alfie certainly deserves some happiness after the trauma of the last few months, is it too soon for him to embark on another relationship? Or could he and Roxy be the new King and Queen of The Square?
- From Pontins blue coat to panto king, jack of all trades Shane Richie has brought a new sparkle to EastEnders since he joined the soap.
- His other talents include acrobatics, impersonation and darts!
- As a kid Shane was inspired by David Bowie's persona, Ziggy Stardust.
- Shane's stage name used to be Shane Skywalker, though he was born Shane Patrick Roche.
- He's a huge fan of Manchester United.
- Shane once pulled a man from a blazing vehicle at a petrol station. Fittingly, he originally auditioned for the part of Tom Banks, the fireman. However, the role of Alfie was created especially for him.
- Shane has some pet hates, such as queues (especially in banks!). He also doesnt like the chat show, Trisha.
- Shane likes to have his toenails painted. The colour reflects his mood!
- Shane's TV appearances include The Big Breakfast, Win Lose or Draw, and cop show Burnside.
- Shane's got two albums under his belt - Shane Richie The Album, and Once Around the Sun.
- Shane once hosted his own programme, The Shane Richie Experience.
- He has starred in several musicals - most recently Boogie Nights and Grease. He's also a regular on the panto circuit.