BBC micro:bit classroom activities
The micro:bit is a great fit for your ICT class!
The micro:bit is fun to use both in and out of the classroom - designing code and building gadgets are great ways to build a better understanding of ICT and electronics as well as giving computational thinking skills a boost. There are over 200 micro:bit activities at your fingertips and many slot wonderfully into the Key Stage 3 curriculum.
Using micro:bits in the classroom can touch on the following Key Stage 3 ICT topics (and more!):
- Creating simulations of physical systems
- Algorithms that respond to different inputs and give different outputs
- Solving the same problem using different tools and coding languages
- Storing and manipulating data
- Boolean Logic and operators
- Connecting multiple computer systems together
- Numbers, strings and variables
- Using technology in art