Terms and Conditions
Read the terms and conditions of entry for nominations in the 2017 BBC Food and Farming Awards.
- The BBC does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to internet or telephone problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. The closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday January 29th 2017.
- Please make sure you read through the description and the word count for each of the categories you are submitting a nomination for. Make sure you clearly explain how your nominee meets, or exceeds, the criteria in the description. The BBC has the right to disqualify entries that don’t contain the information requested on the nomination pages.
- All entries will be sent to members of The Food Programme and Countryfile teams to be processed and checked against the criteria before being sent to the judges for consideration.
- The judges work in pairs to select a ‘long list’ for shortlisting. All judges are listed on the BBC Food & Farming Awards website.
- You can nominate yourself or the organisation or company you work for. However, you will need to state if you are nominating your own business.
- The judges are independent and have been selected for their knowledge in the various category areas. They all see the long lists, and their decisions are final in every category.
- Because of the number of nominations we receive it will not be possible to update you on the outcome of your individual nomination. We may contact the nominees directly for further details, but all those shortlisted will be contacted personally by March 2017. The next stage of the process will include a visit from selected judges before the winner in each category is decided.
- The Awards are not open to employees or contractors of the BBC or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisation or running of them, or their family members.
- The nominee has to be based in the UK and will also need to have been trading for at least one year to be considered for entry. For the BBC Future Food category only, we will accept nominations from internationally-based companies that have a significant customer base and significant business operation located in the UK.
- A press release will be issued with details of finalists in each category, and a later release will name the winners. The finalists will also be announced on the Food Programme and listed on the website at the end of March 2017.