5 live Breakfast Gongs of the Year 2012 Text Vote
Gongs of the Year 2012
Terms & Conditions
To celebrate 2012, during Christmas week 5Live will run the Breakfast Gongs 2012 vote. The 5Live Breakfast team have prepared a list of nominations for the following categories:
• Political Gaffe of the Year,
• ‘Wow’ Moment of the Year,
• Outburst of the Year,
• Comeback of the Year,
• Worst Apology of the Year,
• ‘International Relations’ Effort of the Year, and
• Sporting Moment of the Year.
The 5Live Breakfast team have produced a shortlist of four candidates for each category. This shortlist of four nominations will be put to a public text vote.
Each vote will open and close during the 5live Breakfast show. The winner for each vote will be announced together after all 7 votes have been run during a special 5Live Breakfast show on 31st December 2012.
Texts will be charged at your network operator’s standard message rate.
The BBC reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this vote at any time.
Terms and Conditions
1. Listeners can vote for their chosen shortlist nomination for each vote by listening to the 5live Breakfast shows during Christmas week 2012 and following the on-air instructions.
2. Each vote will be on a different day during the 5live Breakfast show:
24th December 2012 – Political Gaffe of the Year
25th December 2012 – ‘Wow’ Moment of the Year
26th December 2012 – Outburst of the Year
27th December 2012 – Comeback of the Year
28th December 2012 – Worst Apology of the Year
29th December 2012 - ‘International Relations’ Effort of the Year
30th December 2012 - Sporting Moment of the Year
3. Listeners can vote for their chosen nomination in each category:
• By texting 85058 with the keyword announced on-air matching your chosen nomination for that category. Texts will be charged at your network operator’s standard message rate.
4. Listeners cannot vote by any other method. Only one vote per person will be permitted per day. Any further votes will not count but you will still be charged.
5. Any votes received outside the announced voting times will not count but you will still be charged.
6. There will be no prize for anyone taking part in the vote, nor any formal or informal award for the winning nominations.
7. The BBC reserves the right to disqualify entries or suspend voting if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting. The BBC has the right to substitute an alternative selection method at its absolute discretion.
8. If, for any reason, one of the voting methods fails, the vote may be suspended or a contingency plan may be actioned.
9. The BBC reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this vote at any time.
10. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
11. Please note that any BBC staff member or anyone who is directly connected in any way with the production of the programme is not eligible to vote.
12. The voting accords with the BBC's code of conduct for voting: BBC Code of Conduct Voting.