5 live Sporting Moments
5 live's Sporting Moments
2014 has already been a fantastic year for sport but there is still a lot more to come on 5 live in the next twelve months, including the FA Cup, the ATP Tour Final, the Six Nations and the England v India Test series.
Win tickets to one of 5 live’s great sporting moments by an answering a two part question in 5 live breakfast. Hear question one at 7.15 and question two at 8.15.
Text the word SPORT followed by your answer A, B or C to 85058. Texts will be charged at your standard message rate and lines will remain open until midday. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per person and you must be 16 or older to enter. Any additional entries will not be counted but you will still be charged. Winners will be contacted by 3pm the same day.
Terms and conditions
1. Entry is open to all UK residents (including Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) aged 16 or over, except BBC employees or those of its affiliates and their close relatives or any person connected to the competition. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested.
2. The competition will run Monday 14th July 2014 – Friday 18th July 2014, and Friday 8th August. Listeners will need to hear two questions, each with a numerical answer – one will be played in a pre-recorded trail at 0715 and the second one in a pre-recorded trail at 0815.
3. Once both questions have been given the competition will open. Listeners can enter by adding up the two numerical answers together, following the on-air instructions:
• By texting 85058 with the keyword SPORT followed by A, B or C corresponding to the Listener’s chosen numerical answer. Texts will be charged at your standard message rate.
No other method of entry will be accepted. Please listen out for announcements during the programme for opening and closing times. You may only enter once. Any additional entries will not count but will be charged. Registrations outside of the period will not count and you will be charged.
4. Once the competition entry window is closed, 1 winner will be selected at random from all the correct answers. The winner will be called to confirm details for prize fulfilment. If after reasonable attempts to contact a winner such details cannot be obtained, another winner will be selected at random from the correct entries and contacted.
5. The BBC reserves to right to reset the competition (i.e. after an unsuccessful round or rounds) for editorial reasons.
6. The Prize is a pair of standard entry tickets to event named. The prize is as stated, is non-transferable, cannot be sold or exchanged. There is no cash alternative.
7. The BBC's decision as to entrants taking part and winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
8. If the winner is under 18 then then must be accompanied to the event by a responsible adult aged 18 or over.
9. The BBC will not be responsible for any failure by the winners or guests to gain entry or re-entry to the event due to their behaviour or their failure to meet the admission requirements, including minimum age, restrictions or valid banning orders. Use of the tickets is subject to the events terms and conditions.
10. Entrants agree to take part in any post-competition publicity. The names of winners will be made public.
12. This competition is conducted in line with the BBC's code of conduct for competitions, which can be found at
13. The BBC reserves the right to: (i) amend these terms and conditions and vary the competition rules including but not limited to the programmes included, opening and closing times; (ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules or has acted fraudulently in any way and; (iii) cancel the competition, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
14. The BBC, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, system, network or mobile operator or service provider or otherwise which may result in any registration not being properly logged or not recorded.
15. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
16. The competition is run by the BBC. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.