Radio 1Xtra DJ Target Glastonbury 2013 Ticket Competition
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is open to all residents of the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, aged 18 or over except BBC employees, their close relatives and anyone connected with the competition. Proof of identity and eligibility may be required. If you win, you will need to give us your full name and the name of the person who will be going with you on the evening of the competition. Please note, your names will be printed on the tickets and cannot be changed at a later date.
2. During DJ Target’s Friday night programme on 21st June 2013 listeners will be invited to enter by answering a question posed on air using the following method:
• By texting 88111 with the keyword GLASTO followed by A, B or C corresponding to their answer. Texts will be charged at your standard message rate. Check with your network provider for exact costs.
Please listen out for announcements during the programme for opening and closing times. Registrations outside of the period will not count and you will be charged.
No other method of entry will be accepted. Only one entry is allowed per listener, you will be charged for each additional entry but they will not count.
3. Once the call registration window closes, up to 20 correct entries will be selected at random. The production team will call shortlisted entrants in the order they were selected and asked a number of questions to ensure they are eligible and meet the minimum requirements to go on-air. If the first shortlisted entrant selected does not meet the minimum requirements, the next on the list will be contacted and so forth until 2 shortlisted candidates are selected. In the unlikely event none of the shortlisted entrants meet the minimum criteria then a further random selection will take place to create a second ordered list and the process continued until a suitable shortlisted entrant is found.
4. Entrants must be available on the mobile telephone number from which they entered. If, after reasonable attempts a shortlisted entrant cannot be contacted, that entrant’s participation in the competition ends.
5. The 2 highest ranked correct entrants will be put on air to play head to head in identifying artists from a 30 second montage. The highest scoring entrant wins. If tied, a tiebreaker will decide the winner.
6. The prize will be a pair of are hospitality tickets, which – in addition to the normal festival tickets - provide exclusive access to the hospitality area in the inter-stage area (between the Pyramid Stage and the Other Stage) and *possible access to the hospitality camping field. *This is subject to space and is offered on a first come, first served basis, and is not guaranteed.
Whilst the tickets do not incorporate a photograph, they will include your name and ticket holders must carry photo ID which matches this. Tickets are non-transferable and cannot be re-sold or used for any commercial activity. Parking is not provided but may be purchased on the Glastonbury website.
7. For more information visit http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/
The prize includes two optional return train tickets from any UK designated station to Castle Cary Train Station. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include other travel or any other expenses. Tickets are subject to the Event’s Terms and Conditions. By accepting the prize the winners accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which can be found at http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/2013-ticket-info#tandcs
8. The prize is stated as above. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances. In the unlikely event the BBC cannot fulfil the Prize for editorial or any other reason, a suitable similar Prize will be offered.
9. The BBC's decision as to entrants taking part and winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
10. The BBC reserves the right to exclude the winners and their guests, The BBC will not be responsible for any failure by the winners to gain entry or re-entry to the event due to their behaviour or their failure to meet the admission requirements, including minimum age.
11. Entrants agree to take part in any post-competition publicity. The names of winners will be made public.
13. This competition is conducted in line with the BBC's code of conduct for competitions, which can be found on
14. The BBC reserves the right to: (i) amend these terms and conditions, including but not limited to, opening and closing times; (ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules or has acted fraudulently in any way; (iii) exclude ticket holders from the event if the Event terms and conditions are breached in any way - for full terms see http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/2013-ticket-info#tandcs and; (iv) cancel the competition, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
15. The BBC, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, system, network or mobile operator or service provider or otherwise which may result in any registration not being properly logged or not recorded.
16. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
17. The competition is run by the BBC. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.