Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Radio 1 The Official Chart Update Competition
You can choose one prize from the following:
HAIM (2 tickets for Norwich, 14th March + meet & greet)
The Vamps (2 tickets for Aberdeen, 15th March + meet & greet)
1. The competition is open to all residents of the UK aged 16 or over, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, except BBC employees, their close relatives or anyone connected with the competition.
2. A qualifying question will be posed on air with three possible answers; the letter corresponding to the answer you choose will need to follow the keyword in the body of the text message entry. Entrants will also need to include their name, their location, their age and the artist the entrant would like to see should they win.
3. Registration to take part in the competition is only available by using the following method:
By texting 81199 with the keyword CHART followed by A, B or C (there should be no space between CHARTA/B or C) and then the information described above for eligibility checks and validation purposes.
For example an entrant who chooses the answer B, is 22 years old from Inverness, called John and wants the HAIM prize would text the following to 81199 –
CHARTB JOHN INVERNESS 22 HAIM
Texts will be charged at your standard message rate. Check with your network provider for exact costs.
No other method of entry will be accepted. Only one entry is allowed per listener. If you enter more than once your entry will not count but you will be charged.
Entries missing some of the information above will not be considered valid entries for this competition.
4. Registration will be opened at some point in Scott Mills show on Wednesday 12th March 2014. Please listen carefully to on-air announcements regarding opening and closing times.
5. Potential winners will be drawn at random from all entries with the correct answer. A short list of up to 10 numbers will be generated. The shortlisted callers will be called back in the order they were selected, live on The Official Chart Update. They will need to answer their phone with a phrase that has been given out on air during that programme in order to win the prize. If the call is not answered on the first attempt, or they fail to answer in the correct manner, then they will fail to win the prize. The next entrant on the list will then be called. This process will continue until an entrant answers their phone in the prescribed manner.
6. The BBC's decision as to entrants taking part is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
7. Entrants agree to take part in any post-competition publicity if required.
8. The BBC reserves the right to cancel or vary the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise beyond its control.
9. The phone from which the text entry is sent in the registration process must be the entrant’s phone. The entrant must be entering on their own behalf. The BBC reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who did not register using their own phone, who answered a call to someone else’s phone or who has someone else answer their phone on their behalf. Further the BBC reserves the right to disqualify an entrant if it discovers the information provided in the text entry is incorrect. This may mean that a winner is disqualified for not providing the correct information for verification purposes, that prize will go back into the pot and the appropriate on-air announcements will be made.
10. Entrants who are rung on air will not be eligible to win any other prize on offer as part of this competition.
11. The prize is as described on air. There will be a number of options as described, entrants will be asked to include their preferences in their text, see above. Each prize shall consist of at least a pair of tickets to see that particular artist, as well as other elements. Please listen carefully to the prize descriptions given out on air. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances. If the winner is aged under 18 years then they will need to be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18 or over. For the avoidance of doubt the prize does not include travel or accommodations (unless expressly stated in the prize description on air) and does not include any other fee, cost or expense.
12. This competition is conducted in line with the BBC's code of conduct for competitions, which can be found on http://www.bbc.co.uk/guidelines/editorialguidelines/advice/interactivity/code/.
14. The BBC, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, Internet access, system or otherwise which may result in any registration not being properly logged or not recorded.
15. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
16. The competition is run by the BBC. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.