BBC Radio 2 Eurovision Returns!
Radio 2 Eurovision Programme Schedule
Get ready to wave those Union Jack flags as the BBC announces the return of the BBC Radio 2 Eurovision pop-up digital radio service to celebrate the best of the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 and complement programming of the annual singing competition on BBC Radio 2 and TV networks BBC One and BBC Three.
Tune in to Radio 2 Eurovision from Thursday 21 May by visiting the pop-up digital radio at bbc.co.uk/eurovision, on DAB Digital Radio and listen via the BBC iPlayer Radio App and UK Radio Player.
The digital radio pop-up service, which launched for the first time last year, will offer Eurovision fans the most comprehensive coverage of the song contest to date, kicking off on Thursday 21 May through to Sunday 24 May with a mix of live shows, interviews and musical treats in the 60th anniversary year of the famous competition.
The pop-up service will feature shows hosted by Paddy O’Connell, Scott Mills, Sara Cox, Ken Bruce, Steve Wright, Maria McErlane and Sir Terry Wogan, who famously presented the UK TV coverage of Eurovision on BBC One from 1973 to 2008, with his cutting commentary and deadpan one-liners a signature of Eurovision nights.
Radio 2 Eurovision will air from midday Thursday and Friday and 10am across the weekend until midnight each day over the four-day transmission that will have listeners dancing under their disco balls. On the day of the final on Saturday 23 May, two shows will be simulcast with Radio 2. BBC One Eurovision host Graham Norton’s morning programme will air on both networks between 10am and 1pm bringing the nation all the buzz and build-up to the evening’s main event live from this year’s host city, Vienna. Then from 8pm the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 goes live, bringing fans all the action from the Austrian capital as the singing spectacular gets underway.
Other unmissable pop-up show highlights include:
- Ana Matronic from Scissor Sisters will present the song contest's semi final as well as the warm-up programme ahead of the final
- Sir Terry Wogan features on Tracks Of My Eurovision Years
- UK 1993 Eurovision runner-up with the song Better the Devil You Know, Sonia, presents And the Winner… Isn’t!
- Comedian Rufus Hound brings more fun with his show Nil Points
- Radio 2 presenter Vanessa Feltz takes a look at books featuring Eurovision themes and fictional characters with The Eurovision Book Show.
- Listeners will also be treated to a special interview with last year’s Eurovision winner Conchita, who sits down with Paddy to talk about her extraordinary journey from 2014 victor to much loved global gay icon.
Listeners can perfect their best Lulu and Abba impressions and really get into the spirit of the annual singing event with a host of special Eurovision-themed shows including The Ultimate Eurovision Quiz, and Eurovision Pick Of The Pops featuring Euro classics and fan favourites spanning the 1950s through to the ‘90s and beyond. Ken Bruce hosts a Eurovision Popmaster special, as well as the Ultimate Eurovision Chart as voted for by the listeners.
Follow @R2Eurovision on Twitter for the latest news and photos from Vienna and all the action and reaction from the contest.