Apply to appear on Wanted Down Under
Production is now underway on the next series of Wanted Down Under, so at the moment we’re not actively reviewing applications to appear on the programe. However, you can still complete and submit an application from this page if you’d like to be considered for any possible future series.
• We’re unlikely to start reviewing new applications until October 2014
• Please read and complete the data protection section of the application form, keeping the above date in mind
• Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to enter into individual correspondence and will only contact you if your application is being taken further.
You can always keep up to date with news about the programme by ‘liking’ our page on Facebook –
If you’d like to be considered for any possible future series, please read the following carefully:
Who are we looking for?
We’re interested in hearing from people who are seriously considering making a move to either Australia or New Zealand in the near future, and are looking for help and guidance with making that decision.
Before you consider applying, please ensure you meet the following criteria:
Please note that you must meet the following criteria:
▪ Age – the main visa applicant must be under 45 for Australia or under 55 for New Zealand
▪ Profession – your job must be on the skills shortage list for either Australia or New Zealand
▪ You must genuinely be considering emigrating. Please note, this is not a free holiday. Filming – both in the UK and Australia – can be an intense experience involving long and tiring days. Applicants need to be flexible, committed, and open to the requirements of the process. Filming is fun, but it’s also demanding, and only those who feel they would relish that challenge should apply.
▪ Filming in the UK often occurs during the week, so this may require you to take a day or two off work.
▪ Filming in Australia / New Zealand will be over a weeklong period. Exact dates will be set by the production team and are organised to fit into a tight schedule. When possible, we will try and select dates that are mutually beneficial to everyone involved, however the decision of the production team is final. Again, you may need to take time off work, which unfortunately the BBC cannot reimburse you for.
If you do not meet the above criteria
Unfortunately, we’re unable to consider people who do not meet all of the above criteria.
If you do meet the above criteria
Please download the application form (.doc, 660KB). The download will start automatically.
Advice on completing the application form
We’re looking for lively and enthusiastic people who are able to be themselves on camera and willing to share some of their lives with us, during what can often by sensitive and significant moments. Please try to get some of your personality across in the form. Let us know who you are, why you really want to go, and what the main issues holding you back are.
We know that sounds like a lot, but do try to have some fun with it!
Once you have completed the form, please add some family photos (please try and keep file sizes manageable) to the document, then e-mail it as a Word attachment to email@example.com
What happens next?
If we wish to take your application further, we’ll contact you by telephone for the next stage of the casting process.
We receive many thousands of applications every year for the series. Because of this, we’re afraid it’s impossible for us to enter into individual correspondence with everyone who writes in.
All details you supply will be kept on file for future reference but not shared with any third party in accordance with data protection guidelines.
The information you provide will be collected and compiled by the BBC (as set out in the show information), for the purposes of assessing whether you are a suitable contributor for this show. It might also be used for developing and producing the show and any associated website content, programme, publicity, promotion and/or distribution materials. The BBC will not store or use your details for any other purpose. For more information about how the BBC uses your data, please see our privacy and cookies policy.