Radio 1 Teen Awards - Online Vote
Terms and Conditions
1. In order to vote, you must be a UK resident (including Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) and not be a BBC employee, employee of any of its affiliates, close relative of any such employees or connected to the awards competition directly or through a close relative.
2. In order to vote, you must not be a BBC employee, employee of any of its affiliates, close relative of any such employees or connected to the awards competition directly or through a close relative.
3. Votes can be made online by accessing www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/teenawards/2013 from midday on Sunday 13th October and must be received no later than midday on Saturday 19th October 2013. Any votes received outside the voting window will not count.
4. Listeners can only vote by logging into the page with their BBC ID. More information on BBC ID can be found here (https://id.bbc.co.uk/users/help). Listeners can only vote once per category.
5. The shortlisted vote options for each category were selected by a committee of specialist departments across BBC Radio 1/1Xtra and Newsbeat.
6. The criteria to qualify for inclusion in the lists are as follow and must have been met by the nominee sometime between 1st September 2012 and 1st October 2013:
Best British Single
The nominated single must have been made commercially available for the first time between 1st September 2012 and 1st October 2013. This category is for the best, most exciting and fresh sounding single that was released between these dates. The nominated act must be a British Citizen, or in the case of a band the majority of the group must be British citizens.
Best British Solo Artist
The nominated artist must be a British citizen and have released a single or album that charted in the Official Chart Top 40 between 1st September 2012 and 1st October 2013.
Best British Group
The nominated group must be composed of a majority of British citizens and have released a single or album that charted in the Official Chart Top 40 between 1st September 2012 and 1st October 2013.
Best British TV Show
This category is for the freshest, most entertaining and engaging TV Show. The nominated TV Show can be a single programme or a series (including soap operas). The programme, or one of the episodes of the TV Show if it is a series or soap opera, must have had its original transmission on British terrestrial or Satellite television between 1st September 2012 and 1st October 2013. The TV Show must be made by a production company or organisation that has a British production base.
Best British Actor
This category is for the most exciting young British actor (male or female) starring in a film or a TV show. The nominated actor/actress must be a British Citizen, and have performed in a cinematically released film, or in a TV show that had its original transmission on British terrestrial or Satellite television, between 1st September 2012 and 1st October 2013 and must be 25 or under on 1st September 2012.
Best British Sports Star
This category is for the most inspirational young British sports star.
The nominee must be a British citizen and have competed at the highest competitive level at some point between 1st September 2012 and 1st October 2013 and must be 25 or under on 1st September 2012.
Best British Vlogger
This category is for the most exciting young British vlogger(s) (also known as video blogger). A vlogger is an individual or a collective who publish regular videos featuring themselves and based on their day-to-day life experience. Vlogging can include diaries, tutorials, stunts and sketches relating to subjects and pastimes, of personal interest to the individual/collective hosting the channel. Video makers creating drama content, fiction or presenting majority commercially-sponsored videos are not eligible.
The nominated male / female / collective must be a British Citizen, or in the case of a collective the majority of the collective must be British citizens, and have posted at least 13 video blogs to a single channel on the internet between 1st September 2012 and 1st October 2012. They cannot have a regular show on the BBC and all must be 25 or under 1st October 2013.
7. The winners will be publically announced at the Radio 1 Teen Awards on Sunday 3rd November from 2pm.
8. No correspondence relating to the awards or the vote will be entered.
9. Each of the winners will receive a modest Trophy. There are no additional prizes, no cash alternative and the award cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances.
10. There will be no prize for anyone taking part in the vote.
11. The BBC reserves the right to disqualify entries or suspend voting if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting. The BBC has the right to substitute an alternative selection method at its absolute discretion.
12. If, for any reason, the online voting system fails, the vote may be suspended or a contingency plan may be actioned, including reverting to a panel.
13. The BBC reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this vote at any time.
14. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
15. The voting in this programme accords with the BBC's code of conduct for voting: BBC Code of Conduct Voting.
17. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.