Friday 22 Aug 2014
1. Mad Men made Emmy history, gaining 16 nominations in 2008
2. Observer Women voted Mad Men season one the fashion TV event of all time
3. The Sixties "groovy nude" mag Jaybird can be spotted in episode five.
4. 1962 was also the year of Marilyn Monroe's death, The Cuban Missile crisis and The Beatles' first record.
5. Before Mad Men, Elisabeth Moss (Peggy) played President Bartlet's daughter, Zoey, on The West Wing.
6. Roger and Mona Sterling (played by John Slattery and Talia Balsam) are married in real life.
7. January Jones (Betty) undertook four months of horse riding lessons to play the role.
8. Glenn Bishop is played by 11-year-old Marten Weiner, son of Mad Men writer and creator Matthew Weiner.
9. In January 2009, Elisabeth Moss got engaged to Saturday Night Live star Fred Armisen, who plays Barack Obama on the US sketch comedy show.
10. Before founding Sterling Cooper Advertising – and being wheeled out of the office with sex-induced heart failure – Roger Sterling (actor John Slattery) was dumped by Carrie in Sex And The City for fetish requests and lived in Wysteria Avenue as a Desperate Housewife's shifty politician husband
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.