BBC Children in Need 2008
BBC Children in Need returns on Friday 14 November at 7.00pm on BBC One, with a variety of entertainment acts, all appearing to raise money for disadvantaged children and young people across the UK.
Terry Wogan is joined by Tess Daly and Fearne Cotton for a spectacular night of fun and fundraising.
The seven-hour show will come live from BBC Television Centre and will feature some of the UK's top TV, musical and theatrical personalities and acts.
Highlights on the night include:
- Performances by Take That, Girls Aloud, Sugababes, Leon Jackson, Boyzone, Stereophonics, John Barrowman, Il Divo, Jason Donovan and Sharleen Spiteri.
- A special edition of Strictly Come Dancing - the presenters team up with professional dancers for a live dance-off. Look out for surprise judges on the night!
- Children in Need themed scenes from Ashes To Ashes; plus a musical extravaganza from Albert Square and the cast of EastEnders.
- The cast from The Bill perform The Blues Brothers.
- Children's Masterchef.
- Appeal messages from a host of celebrities, including Stevie Wonder, Jack Black and The Osbournes.
- And, of course a very special, live performance by the BBC newsreaders.
The programme will also feature broadcasts from around the UK, as BBC presenters join their local communities to catch up with some energetic and creative fundraising exploits.
This year the fundraising theme is Do Something Different, and all those who step up to the challenge, or pick up the phone to pledge money for the BBC Children in Need Appeal, will be part of a huge community of supporters that make a huge difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people in the UK.
To get involved, check out the website: bbc.co.uk/pudsey.
Last year's BBC Children in Need television broadcast raised over £19million on the night and the 2007 total appeal eventually topped £37million.
RELATED PRESS OFFICE LINKS: