The Candyman live – Danny Baker goes live with a little help from BBC Concert Orchestra
BBC London 94.9 together with the BBC Concert Orchestra are proud to present Danny Baker Live – for one night only.
On Wednesday 19 March 2008 at the Hackney Empire, Danny, his special guests and a 56-piece orchestra will bring to life the music heard every afternoon on the Candyman's show on BBC London 94.9... from TV themes, to show tunes and everything else inbetween!
Music plays a very important part in Danny's show. He says: "You know it's a trueism but a radio show is only as good as the music the host talks all over."
And this special evening will give concert-goers the chance to hear this music in full! Joining Danny will be his regular trusty sidekicks David Kuo, Amy Lame and Baylen Leonard.
If all this wasn't exciting enough tickets are free!
BBC London 94.9's Assistant Editor, Justin Kings, said: "Music plays an important part in the radio magic Danny weaves every afternoon. To hear many of these tunes played by the BBC Concert Orchestra will be a real delight."
The concert will be recorded for broadcast on BBC London 94.9 over Easter.
Notes to Editors
How to get tickets:
Please note, tickets are limited to 4 per person.
- Call the Hackney Empire Box Office on 020 8985 2424. It is open from 10.00am to 6.00pm (Mon to Sat) or until the end of the interval on performance nights.
- Visit the box office in person during its opening hours at 291 Mare Street, London E8. You may wish to check that there are tickets still available before travelling to the theatre.
- Book online through their website: www.hackneyempire.co.uk.
- Tickets cannot be sold and any tickets found to be on sale will be invalidated.
- Tickets can only be used by people aged 16 years or over (or anyone aged under 16 must be accompanied by an adult).